1995 Delta Shower Valve Confusion

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
20170421_065716.jpg

My parents Delta shower valve is leaking and I promised them that I would do my best to fix it. It is leaking very slowly out of the shower head. From what I have learned, I need to replace the springs and seats in the valve. The valve was installed when the house was built back in 1995. I went to the hardware store today to buy the springs on seats, and was overwhelmed with all the different options. Does anyone know by looking at the picture what specific repair kit would be best for me to get. I live in an area close to both Home Depots and Lowe's and some decent plumbing supply shops. Thank you very much in advance for any help.

Attachments

• 20170421_065731.jpg
    20170421_065731.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 284

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You probably just need the ordinary spring and washer kit, but when I repair them, I often also change the "cartridge" which is a simple rotary device, but I do not remember the part number, since there is only one style.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Call Delta's customer service and describe your problem to them. They might ask you for photos of the faucet to determine the right parts, and most likely will send you the parts free of charge.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
They might, but that style usually predates the "lifetime warranty" program. But, those parts are probably the least expensive ones Delta makes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks