1966 house. Recommended shower valve replacements?

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by pman6, Jul 27, 2018.

  1. pman6

    pman6 Member

    Feb 8, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Have a mixet valve in there now in this rental house.

    What shower valve/handle do you recommend if I want to upgrade the valve in the future?

    I want something future proof, not too expensive, and easy to repair if it leaks.

    There are 2 mixets in the house, and they're sort of a pain in the ass. They seem like stupid valve designs.
  2. Terry

    Terry Administrator Staff Member

    Aug 17, 2004
    Bothell, Washington
    They still make parts for Mixet.

    If you want to change out the valve in the wall, there is Moen, Delta and Kohler.
    Some like Moen can be had with a wider trim that allows a bit more working space for the change out.


    Moen TL2368EP trim with a Moen Posi-Temp valve.

  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

  4. jadnashua

    jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

    Sep 2, 2004
    Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    New England
    Personally, I like Grohe, but Delta would likely be my second choice.
Similar Threads: 1966 house
Forum Title Date
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Tub leak from below (?) How is my bathtub supported (1966 cast iron) Sep 28, 2018
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Need Eljer tub overflow plate c1966 with nubs to hold up drain plug Dec 31, 2017
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Friend's whole house flooded because the plastic part on the toilet flex line cracked Oct 12, 2020
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Replacing a cast iron tub in a 1921 house with a 5x7 bathroom Apr 4, 2019
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Low Shower Clearance in 1690's house Mar 31, 2019

Share This Page