1954 Eljer toilet Flapper

Users who are viewing this thread

ronnieray

Reaction score
We have this seldom used toilet in our basement and it needs a new rubber flapper. The design is unique in that the activator is all bass & the flapper screws on. The flapper is a shallow disk. I have attached a picture. Anyone know where can I get a replacement? If not a Eljer original replacement, what would you suggest? Thanks.

0104211632a_Film1.jpg
0104211640a_Film1.jpg

Peterson

Reaction score
That is an Eljer Duplex toilet - very popular in 40's and 50's. You can buy a tank ball at any hardware store. However, keep the guide wires that are with the tank ball that you have right now as the Eljer tanks tend to be taller and need longer replacement wires, and the wire is already bent to fit your handle. Eljer Duplex toilets were calibrated to use less than 3 gallons (something like 2.8 gpf) of water way back then. The Eljer Duplex bowl is also almost 16 inches high - slightly higher than standard toilets.

index.php

Last edited by a moderator:

josueday

Reaction score
Hi Terry, the photo of the 1951 Eljer is nearly identical to my 1952 pink model with built-in overflow. I also have a 1950 w/o the built-in overflow. For the pink one they suggested these products. Honestly I don't know what I'm looking at but looks different to the parts you posted. And they said I could find the parts on this site for the white one. Thoughts, here? Wondering if I should order these parts and have a plumber help me because I don't know what I'm lookin at... if you have a rec for anyone in Portland, Oregon lemme know!

Peterson

Reaction score
You will want to order the Eljer Lift Wire Old Style Rebuild Kit with Aristocrat Tank Ball for the Eljer with the built in overflow.

The Eljer Touch Flush was for their Emblem model toilets from the 1960's and 70's.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks