1930's Crane Concord Body Shower Diverter

Users who are viewing this thread

Tromper

Reaction score
I have a shower that has a Crane Concord mixing valve along with a diverter valve for the body shower (has positions shower, body, both). The diverter is the upper valve in the first pic. There are diagrams (and some parts) for the mixing valve readily available, but I can't find any info on the diverter valve. It's a 3-way brass valve body with a threaded nipple and the diverter mechanism is inside the nipple. My problem is that the diverter is seized up and I am not sure how to service it. There is a 3/8 square opening for the diverter actuator inside the nipple, but not sure if it threads out of the nipple or if I need to remove the whole nipple, etc. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Scott

IMG_0396.JPG
IMG_0395.JPG
IMG_0397.JPG

Tromper

Reaction score
I have the same valve on a display. I'll see if I have the parts sheet and what is still available. Do you have any parts for it?

View attachment 80770
I have the same exact setup as your display and all of the original parts (my mixing valve estucheon is cracked, however). The shower was in regular use until relatively recently but had to open the wall to fix a leak and the diverter valve was not operational so I am trying to get everything working before we seal it back up.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks