15mm Gas supply in Spain

Users who are viewing this thread

sgw869

Reaction score
Hello
I live in Spain and at last we are have gas piped to our urbanization
Question is from the underground supply the installer has run 15mm copper supply pipe
The pipe work has approx 12 soldered bends and the run is approx 10-12 metres
This pipe is supposed to feed four properties
When the pipe reached the central point of the four properties it splits four ways and I can only assume that is where the meters will go.
I am contemplating a 24kw combi boiler, my question is will the 15mm supply pipe be adequate to run one boiler, let alone four in total
Also there is the gas ovens and hobs to add to the equation
I can supply photographs if this would help
Best regards
Sgw

Reach4

Reaction score
I would expect that the meters incorporate a pressure regulator, and that the pipes to the meter are at a higher pressure than the pressure after the meter. Do not worry about the diameter before the regulator. I am surprised that they use soldered joints. That is not done in the US as far as I know.

You should figure to have larger pipes after the meter according to your load and your anticipated future loads. I don't know if the regulated pressure is the same as here, but here it is delivered to houses at a pressure of a 6 inch water column (1495 pascal/ 0.0149 bar). There are tables for sizing your inside pipe. In the US, your pipe from the meter would probably be 0.75 to 1 inch from the meter expending to 1 or 1.25 inches nominal internal diameter depending on length for the longer run.

sgw869

Reaction score
Hello Reach4
IMG_4.jpgIMG_6.jpgThanks for your reply
I have attached a couple of photos
I think they are sizing up to 22mm pipe as shown by the cross over pipe work
Many thanks
Sgw

Reach4

Reaction score
Seeing the PVC section, which I think you are implying joins the copper in the first picture, I am guessing that the methane is being carried by a smaller plastic tube, and that the copper and PVC are just protective conduits. Interesting. I am surprised at the small radius of the bends that your pictures imply if my guess is correct. In the US newer lines before the regulator at a house are often surprisingly small plastic tubes. But I always assumed that the bends were gentle.

I also read that Spain is the largest importer of LNG in Europe. I was unable to find stories about the residential pressures. If they were higher than ours after the regulator, you could use smaller pipes indoors too.

sgw869

Reaction score
Hello Reach4

Many thanks for your expert advice
We will just have to keep our fingers crossed
Best regards
Sgw

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks