14 inch Rough-want Toto-help with math, please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Pljnc

Reaction score
Hello all!

I've read through all the threads talking about 14 inch roughs and I *think* I have a plan for replacing the itty bitty SHORT toilet in our small guest bath. But, I cant wrap my head about parts of the process, so I'd like to run it past the experts! :)

There's currently a really small Briggs toilet in the space.

15ish inch high bowl with dual flush buttons on the lid.

From wall to front of bowl is 32 inches.

The back of the toilet is 4 inches from the wall.

The water supply is about 5 1/2-5 3/4 inches left of center and 8 inches up the wall, from floor.

I'd like to have a toilet in comfort height, but, being limited with 14 inch rough in choices and the fact that I've had Toto in another home, I'm going to go with Toto on this one-universal height for the win!

After reading all the awesome threads-THANK YOU!-I know I need to get the Unifit adapter and I'll likely just buy the Toto model with the best price.

This is where it gets tricky for me...

I'd like to decrease the space between the new toilet and the wall...right now, it looks like a mini-throne in the middle of the floor. If the new toilet still sticks out 32" from the wall, it won't be a deal breaker, but, I sure would like to gain a few inches in front of the toilet, if possible

I'm just having trouble visualizing how it would all work and what would end up where.

I buy the 14 inch Unifit and where does the toilet sit on the wall? 2 inches closer than the one that's there now? Or, do I need to know the difference in the depth of the Briggs tank, versus the new Toto tank? Can I move it further back than 2 inches? I wouldn't mind if the toilet was as close to the wall as possible. I'm just not sure how to make that happen...

Math makes my head hurt! lol! Help!

Please and thank you!
Peggy

Pljnc

Reaction score
Hello all!

I've read through all the threads talking about 14 inch roughs and I *think* I have a plan for replacing the itty bitty SHORT toilet in our small guest bath. But, I cant wrap my head about parts of the process, so I'd like to run it past the experts! :)

There's currently a really small Briggs toilet in the space.

15ish inch high bowl with dual flush buttons on the lid.

From wall to front of bowl is 32 inches.

The back of the toilet is 4 inches from the wall.

The water supply is about 5 1/2-5 3/4 inches left of center and 8 inches up the wall, from floor.

I'd like to have a toilet in comfort height, but, being limited with 14 inch rough in choices and the fact that I've had Toto in another home, I'm going to go with Toto on this one-universal height for the win!

After reading all the awesome threads-THANK YOU!-I know I need to get the Unifit adapter and I'll likely just buy the Toto model with the best price.

This is where it gets tricky for me...

I'd like to decrease the space between the new toilet and the wall...right now, it looks like a mini-throne in the middle of the floor. If the new toilet still sticks out 32" from the wall, it won't be a deal breaker, but, I sure would like to gain a few inches in front of the toilet, if possible

I'm just having trouble visualizing how it would all work and what would end up where.

I buy the 14 inch Unifit and where does the toilet sit on the wall? 2 inches closer than the one that's there now? Or, do I need to know the difference in the depth of the Briggs tank, versus the new Toto tank? Can I move it further back than 2 inches? I wouldn't mind if the toilet was as close to the wall as possible. I'm just not sure how to make that happen...

Math makes my head hurt! lol! Help!

Please and thank you!
Peggy
I've also read that the closeness of the water supply pipe to the center of the tank, limits my Toto choices even more-I think there are maybe threeish options for me to consider...

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
figure out what the wc is roughed in at? you could have a 10 inch rough toilet now , highly unlikely but how could we know?
if the center of bolts are 14 or 15 off wall go with a 14 in toilet . important to measure center of bolts to the inished wall

Pljnc

Reaction score
figure out what the wc is roughed in at? you could have a 10 inch rough toilet now , highly unlikely but how could we know?
if the center of bolts are 14 or 15 off wall go with a 14 in toilet . important to measure center of bolts to the inished wall
Sorry-I didn't put that in my message. I did measure. Bolts are about 14 1/2 from wall, so going with a 14 inch rough in. I dont care for toilets available in 14 inch rough, other than Toto-so will be using a Toto toilet with Unifit adapter. Just had some additional questions about getting the right one to fit closest to the wall.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
got it . find one with 14 inch adapter. the same as a 14 inch rough in wont have that big space in back

Reach4

Reaction score

Pljnc

Reaction score
Pljnc: I am using a 12 inch Unifit with about a 13 inch rough. You may be able to use a 14 inch Unifit for a 15 inch rough.

http://www.terrylove.com/forums/ind...baseboard-and-shoe-molding.58080/#post-428138 my unifit mod post

http://www.terrylove.com/forums/ind...nifit-or-stick-with-the-12.59681/#post-442544 picture with ruler.

http://www.terrylove.com/forums/ind...rance-with-14-unifit-and-offset-flange.66596/ has marked-up unifit photo.
Extremely helpful, Reach4-I'd not seen these posts-thank you!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks