1222 Moen cartridge making noise

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Hello,
My shower would have no water pressure on cold and once it hit the warm setting it was scalding hot. This lead me to believe that the cartridge needed to be replaced. I replaced the cartridge, now I'm getting good water pressure all around but I'm still only getting hot water. I bought another cartridge from Lowes and this one, when shaken, makes the same exact sound that spray paint can makes when shaken (almost like it has a ball in there). Now when I move the cartridge up and down I can see what I think is the mixing component moving as well. The noise and movement did not appear with the first cartridge that I put in the valve. Should a 1222 cartridge be audible or quiet when shaken?

Here is a link to the pictures and videos of the valve and the sound that the cartridge is making

Thank you for any help!

MrLeo

Leo
Reaction score
No sound for the videos you posted. But the components inside of 1222 will make a sound when shaken.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
pressure ballance will make noise. reversed the hot? new install its never worked properly?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks