120vac, Yea or Nay

Users who are viewing this thread

Termite

Reaction score
Neighbor is about to replace his HVAC system, (larger due to an addition) and has offered the air handler fan if I can use it as an exhaust fan for a small out building. The info I can get is this: GE, ECM, 2.3, CNO2, 1/2 HP, 120/240, 5, 034J53 w/three wires- Yelo, Blk, Yelo w/green stripe. I'm hoping this info is enough for someone to tell if this would work without a lot of electronic controls. Any thoughts? ThankYou.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
ECM motors, you need the electronics. Air handler motors are multi speed or variable speed, ECM motors are variable speed. Input is usually 240v and internally it converts to DC voltage. Another signal (voltage) is needed to control the speed. If you know what you're doing, take the control board out of the old air handler. Do some research and it can be used. Do note you'll probably need the 24v transformer for the control board.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks