100 year old drain line professional augering?The kind with blades to remove build-up

Users who are viewing this thread

CanOfWorms

Reaction score
Line currently blocked and when something up top gets flushed it backs out of basement toilet.
I will let it sit for several hours till the water seeps out.
I'm going to snake until I get some flow then put the hard-core sulfuric acid stuff that sizzles when you put it down the line.

This will get me out of the woods.

I want to call in a pro to do angio-plasti on the lines. I saw a skecth at the supply house with different augering bits.

What is the safest cutting augering bit/ tecnique.

I don't want to do the pressure blast since My pipes are old and run under the concrete floor the length of the basement, so I don't want to risk someone breaking a connection.
If I had to guess the lines sit in sandy dirt with a two inch layer of hand poured concrete.

My pipes are old and run under the concrete floor the length of the basement, so I don't want to risk someone breaking a connection.
If I had to guess the lines sit in sandy dirt with a two inch layer of hand poured concrete.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I don't like the idea of putting acid in the pipes. Rotting out the pipes with acid when you can't get at them doesn't make a lot of sense.
I would snake first, then use something safe on the pipes like Bio-Clean to remove left over grease. Instead of burning a small groove down the bottom of the mess, it eats to goo around the entire diameter of the pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks