10”Rough Compact Toilet Needed

Users who are viewing this thread

mbourque

Reaction score
18911AA0-5B7F-413E-A5D4-223C53132A06.jpeg

Hi there,

We have tiny powder room that needs a new toilet. It currently has this 2003? rounded Kohler which, despite being cute with the perfect 24 inch deep footprint, is the worst!

I was really hoping for a skirted Toto, but they all seem to be too long for the room.

Parameters are 10” rough, as close to 24” deep as possible, must flush extremely well. Short family, so not super tall. A 27 inch toilet would make closing the door very awkward for anyone over 100lbs.

Hoping for easy to clean, antimicrobial, and streamlined skirted shape, and to add a bidet one day that cleans everything for you and puts itself away.

I realize I will likely have to compromise.

It’s the only toilet on the first floor, so frequently used by multiple people and guests. There’s nothing more embarrassing than hearing your guests trying for the 3rd flush

I’ll spend whatever it takes to end the suffering caused by this Kohler.

So far the Cadet 3 and Cadet Pro are in the carts but after reading here I’m nervous about American Standard. And between those, which one is better?

There must be something else???

Thank you!

Reach4

Reaction score
How far is the front of that current toilet from the wall behind?

How far is the front of that current toilet from the baseboard?

Your powder room looks bigger than tiny. Oh, wait. You said rounded-- not round. You are planning on elongated.

Anyway, the low end of the skirted Totos is Vespin, which I have. Expect to price in a 10-inch Unifit to the toilet price. Vespin is 2-piece, but does have a concealed trapway.

Want to really wow them? Look at the Toto Neorest. $$$$

Last edited:

mbourque

Reaction score
“How far is the front of that current toilet from the wall behind?”

25 inches

“How far is the front of that current toilet from the baseboard?”

hard to measure— 24 inches bc the baseboard is 1 inch thick.

“Your powder room looks bigger than tiny. Oh, wait. You said rounded-- not round. You are planning on elongated.”

the room is 47” wide x 50” deep. The door is 24” wide and it’s arc swings to within 12” of the toilet.
There is 25” of foot space in front of the toilet with the door closed.

It currently has a round bowl. I will consider anything that would fit!

Right now I can open the door while in there but if the toilet was 5 inches longer I wouldn’t be able to.

I will check out the Vespin.

“Want to really wow them? Look at the Toto Neorest. $$$$[/QUOTE]

I saw it! It is awesome but way too deep.

thank you for taking the time to help me!

Reach4

Reaction score
I was wrong about Neorest being able to fit over a 10 inch rough.
If you could go wall hung, you could save space. This is just one of several, with dimensions on the second page.
SS-01468_CWT4263046CMFG.pdf (totousa.com)
But that means significant construction to wall and floor.

These are Toto's offerings for the 10 inch rough: https://www.totousa.com/products/toilets#filters=rough-in:10150000000026367712&sort_by=nameAZ

They will all stick out more than 25 inches... something over 27 with vespin II being over 28.

Reach4

Reaction score
What you have now is a 12" toilet.
That sure will make it easier for mbourque.

Mbourque, any chance you could make the door open out rather than in?

You could stand more to the right while opening the door.

Reach4

Reaction score
Nice.

So your baseboard would appear to be fairly thick. This could interfere with at least some skirted Totos.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks