10 Month update

Users who are viewing this thread

2stupid2fixit

Reaction score
That $150 Chinese-made 3/4 hp 240 volt 2 wire probably worthless pump I bought on eBay is still working, without any issues. I promised I'd give periodic updates, it's still working as well as it did on day 1. I'll let you all know the moment it craps out, otherwise, I will just post these "still working" updates.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think you would be a help if you described in detail the pump you got? horse power, a price , a country, and a country and eBay
not enough info. Type , manufacture, model, connection sizes would help

2stupid2fixit

Reaction score
It was vague on purpose because I don't want to appear to be an advertiser of Hallmark Pumps.

But since you asked, the model I bought was a Hallmark SS.MA0459X-14A. Specs: 3.2" size. 247 Feet MAX Head, 13 GPM MAX, All Stainless Steel Deep Well Submersible Pump, 3/4 HP 230V, 60HZ. 2 wire. 1 inch water outlet. It was $149 and free shipping. A similar Franklin/Goulds at the time was over $900.

I think you would be a help if you described in detail the pump you got? horse power, a price , a country, and a country and eBay
not enough info. Type , manufacture, model, connection sizes would help

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
It was vague on purpose because I don't want to appear to be an advertiser of Hallmark Pumps.

But since you asked, the model I bought was a Hallmark SS.MA0459X-14A. Specs: 3.2" size. 247 Feet MAX Head, 13 GPM MAX, All Stainless Steel Deep Well Submersible Pump, 3/4 HP 230V, 60HZ. 2 wire. 1 inch water outlet. It was $149 and free shipping. A similar Franklin/Goulds at the time was over $900.

Can't beat that price. Keep us updated if something happens please. Thanks for the update. Still working in 5-10 years will be more impressive.

Fitter30

Reaction score
If you didn't need a pump service to pull all tbe pipe and pump it would worth taking the chance. Unless you had that hose type drop pipe where you could pull the pump and hose for replacement.

2stupid2fixit

Reaction score
If you didn't need a pump service to pull all tbe pipe and pump it would worth taking the chance. Unless you had that hose type drop pipe where you could pull the pump and hose for replacement.

When my 1970s goulds/franklin quit I didn't have any money to pay for help. I just had youtube and this forum. I had no idea my pump was hung 200 feet down on 1 inch black poly pipe until I, all by my lonesome, humped 200 feet of it from the well until a pump showed up on the end. This hallmark is considerably lighter than the old one was. If the Hallmark breaks anywhere from now to 3 years in service, then to me it's worth yanking it up every 3 years by myself. However I'll bet that in 9 years I probably won't want to be bothered with it.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Oh I get why you didn't mention what you bought glad I asked though it was a curiosity

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks