10 inch rough in choices

Users who are viewing this thread

clueless2

Reaction score
My wife and I are remodeling our small and only bathroom. We seem to be limited by the 10 inch rough in of the toilet. We selected the Toto Carlyle because of its 10 inch adapter and one piece design but were told by our contractor that he has serious doubts about its suitability for our remodeling job. Although I didn't understand his reasons completely it seemed to have something to do with the plate that the Toto attaches to the flange with. He suggested we choose a more traditional style toilet (American Standard Cadet) to ensure a good fit/connection. Obviously I don't want to install a problem, but I do want to install a toilet that will flush nicely. Any suggestions or explanations will be greatly appreciated.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Toto Carlyle is a far better toilet than the cheap A/S Cadet that he's used to working with.

Let me guess, he drove up to your house in a VW bug.

Naw, maybe not, but you know what I'm getting at.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks