1" Tubing and Hose Bibs Behind Bathtub Mystery

Users who are viewing this thread

Philwgreen

Reaction score
I'm visiting my brother in Washington DC and came across something I've never seen before. Inside of the bathroom access panels is a piece of 1" tubing loose behind the bathtub that runs down to the basement bathroom where it connects to a trap between the floors. That trap is off of a wye from the upstairs bathroom drain/trap.

Also, in the upstairs bathroom, there are also gate valves on the hot and cold lines with hose connections.

Has anyone ever seen something like this before?

IMG_4326.jpg
IMG_4327.jpg
IMG_4328.jpg
IMG_4329.jpg

Highlander

Reaction score
My first thought is that a previous owner was creative in setting up a hookup for a small washer. One of the hose connections seems in a bad spot, very close to the overflow so maybe this was a temporary setup when the bathtub wasn’t completely functional.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks