1 home and a studio ran off 1 well

Users who are viewing this thread

Sullivan007

Reaction score
Home is piped for well to main home, I just replaced bladder, pressure switch, check etc under home and home is about 100 from well. In the studio there is a bladder tank and no pressure switch or check valve. I was told the old plumber teed off of main line close to well head. The problem they were having was low water pressure and air at times, and I feel like the 2 buildings were drawing back from each other, the other plumber removed the home check valve. Pressure switch was bad, but both tanks are ok but I replace the one under main home. Both tanks are 28 psi, and the switch under home is a 30 50.
My plan was to install a new pressure switch on the studio bladder tank, dig and install wires from home to studio, wiring both switches together and install a check valve at tee. Maybe look into install water pressure regulator on both also so each system doesnt over pressure the other
The thing is I never wired 2 pressure switched together before, wiring them parallels off of the one power source. Would this setup work, pressure regulator, check valve, pressure switch etc. Any other ideas
And this is my first post
Thank you

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
You are making a mountain out of a mole hill. One pressure tank and one pressure switch is all you need. Just make sure there are no check valves above ground and water can go anywhere it is needed. Has nothing to do with air in the lines, and one house won't suck water out of the other.

Sullivan007

Reaction score
The other tank in studio thrown me alittle. I'll remove that and check valve under home. They been having issues since this was done with air, Ill find the tee between the house and well head and inspect, or maybe other tank in studio was causing an issue. I've never done 2 homes off teed off 1 well, I always went after bladder tank, but another plumber done this.

Reach4

Reaction score
Usually there would be no tank in the studio. However if you had one, perhaps to accommodate a quick high-volume load, such as a flushomatic toilet, I think you would want a check valve on the path into that tank. That should prevent the bad interactions that can occur with extra remote pressure tanks.

Sullivan007

Reaction score
No check valve in the studio. Everything in the studio is standard, they do have the full bath and it's a standing shower and washer machine, which I was told doesnt get used much but if the bladder is there maybe for that purpose.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks