1.5Hp @7GPM for 800’ well

Users who are viewing this thread

GSPSAKU

Reaction score
We recently had our well pump replaced and the water pressure isn’t as good as it was prior. I dont know much about wells as this is my first house with a well. The submersible pump is placed at 605’. Is the lack of pressure due to the motor size and rating of 7gpm?

Reach4

Reaction score
We recently had our well pump replaced and the water pressure isn’t as good as it was prior. I dont know much about wells as this is my first house with a well. The submersible pump is placed at 605’. Is the lack of pressure due to the motor size and rating of 7gpm?
Maybe. Depends what you mean by pressure. I am thinking you are referring to the flow being reduced while you are using some amount of water.

What matters is how far down the surface of the water is. Not all 7GPM 1.5 HP pumps will be the same, but this is fairly typical.

index.php

GSPSAKU

Reaction score
Maybe. Depends what you mean by pressure. I am thinking you are referring to the flow being reduced while you are using some amount of water.

What matters is how far down the surface of the water is. Not all 7GPM 1.5 HP pumps will be the same, but this is fairly typical.

index.php
Yes I am not knowledgeable so I don’t do you know what all that means. I just know that when I turn on my sink faucet as high as I can or my bathroom as high as I can the water pressure is not as strong as it used to be. And if I turn on the second Fossett or if I flush the toilet the water pressure dips just a little bit and it’s not due to the filters

Reach4

Reaction score
Ask the well person
1. what pump was there before?
2. what pump is there now (including brand or model)?
3. what is your static water level?

Watch the pressure gauge as you run the sink faucet. What does your pressure gauge say once the needle stops moving?

What GPM is coming out of the faucet? (takes x seconds to fill a container of a known size).

Last edited:

GSPSAKU

Reaction score
Ask the well person
1. what pump was there before?
2. what pump is there now (including brand or model)?
3. what is your static water level?

Watch the pressure gauge as you run the sink faucet. What does your pressure gauge say once the needle stops moving?

What GPM is coming out of the faucet? (takes x seconds to fill a container of a known size).
Out of the kitchen sink faucet: 1.23gal/min
Out of the bath tub faucet: 9.16gal/min

Hmmm, I never tested it before but the kitchen sink faucet used to flow so well the water would splatter when it hit the base of the sink.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks