1/4 Compression Female to 1/4 Compression Female

Users who are viewing this thread

granzow1

Reaction score
There is a saddle valve installed in my house that takes water from the main line to a 1/4" Male compression fitting for the fridge. I want to tee into the 1/4" Male compression fitting and add a second drop for a humidifier that I am installing.

I went to the hardware store expecting to find a 1/4" -1/4" female compression coupling and a tee fitting. Or a 1/4" female compression to 2-1/4 male compression fitting (run tee). But can't find these items anywhere...

I don't want to put another saddle valve into my water line as the one that I have currently have installed has leaked once already. I believe I have enough water flow to support my fridge water and humidifier on a shared 1/4" line.

Can anyone help me to find this fitting?

Mr tee

In the Trades
Reaction score
It would be simpler & cheaper to use a compression tee on the line to the fridge. Exactly what kind of tee depends on the material of the line.

granzow1

Reaction score
It would be simpler & cheaper to use a compression tee on the line to the fridge. Exactly what kind of tee depends on the material of the line.
Can you explain more? The compression tee fittings that I have been able to find all have 3 male ends on them. In order to use a compression tee fitting with 3 male ends I need at least 3 hoses. Am I missing something here?

granzow1

Reaction score
You need to go to a different hardware store. It’s a common fitting.
Thanks for the reply, I'm lost why I can't find a female compression fitting. I thought the problem was the store that I went to as well. Then I looked online and still can't find hardly any 1/4" female compression fittings. Seems the fitting that I'm searching for should be a fairly standard part...

The only fittings that I can find for 1/4" female compression fittings are both on the Plumb Supply website. Neither option allows me to adapt further.

https://www.plumbingsupply.com/compression-fittings.html
option 1: 1/4" Female Compression x 3/8" OD. Compression
option 2: 1/4" Female Comp x 1/4" Male Comp (includes washer)

Last edited by a moderator:

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
There is a saddle valve installed in my house that takes water from the main line to a 1/4" Male compression fitting for the fridge. I want to tee into the 1/4" Male compression fitting and add a second drop for a humidifier that I am installing.
So what's the 1/4" line for the fridge made of? Can't you just cut it, put in a 1/4" compression tee, and you have your connection?

If you can't find what you are looking for in compression, you could also look at John Guest push to fit connectors.

Cheers, Wayne

Skoronesa

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I'm lost why I can't find a female compression fitting. ...........

If you can only find the 3 way female version you can use a short piece of 1/4" copper tubing to connect the saddle fitting to the tee. Use a couple 1/2" two hole clips to hold the tee to the stud/wall/etc.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks