Users who are viewing this thread

Luisco

Reaction score
My house gets water from a well, the current setup I have is well-pressure tank-house. I was told that adding a water storage tank would be beneficial as it would decrease the amount of times my downhole cicles on/off, so the setup I want to install is well-water storage tank-jetpump-pressure tank (as you can see, I am adding only the jetpump and water storage tank).

I don't know if I should go with a 1/2hp or 1hp jet pump. The pressure tank is 90 Gal, the holding tank is 2,500 gal, this system will be about 120' away from my house and it will be about 5' higher than my house given my land shape, I am the only house getting water from this well.

What should I go with? 1/2hp or 1hp? The 1/2hp I am looking at is cheaper and it looks to be readily available compared to the 1hp

Thank you

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
How deep will the pump be, and how many gpm do you need/expect your well to produce?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Just to get a better picture, the existing well pump will be used to fill the storage tank presumably with a float switch for the well pump. The new jet pump will be used to send water to the home & pressure tank. 1/2 hp pump would probably be good to 30/50 PSI, a 1 HP no problem to 40/60 PSI. The additional jet pump really has no impact on your well unless you empty that tank in less than a day such as for irrigation. I would not connect this new addition to irrigation other than for hose spigots.

2500 gallons is a lot of water and I assume it would be several tanks. BTW, without irrigation the wife and I (retired and just the two of us) use 3000 gallons a month. For the last few years the usage has been consistent but occasionally because of a manual read meter, it might jump to 4000 gallons and once in a while it might jump to 5000 gallons especially when I use my pressure washer and hand water new plantings. My irrigation source is reclaimed water that is on a separate meter.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks