1/2 hp or 1hp submersible pump?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
my well is about 25 meters deep and i hit water around 3 meters. i have a 1 hp above ground pump the works well until the water level drops in the dry season and it won`t pump up to my storage tanks.my tanks are about 15 meters on the top of the house so i need to push water up that high. will a 1/2 hp be enough?thanks

Sarg

Enjoy Learning
Reaction score
( Sorry --- I now see the OP is considering changing the pump type )

Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Valveman .......... Is the calculation the same for an "above ground" pump the OP states he has ? ( pull versus push )

Thanks! Good catch. At least I said "submersible" to CYA. Lol. But yeah it takes a lot larger "above ground pump" than it would a submersible. Now we need to know from how deep it is sucking from and how much head the pumps can build?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks