1/2 HP increase yield more volume?

Users who are viewing this thread

10fingers

Reaction score
Further to LLigetfa's comment, the jet will be located within the ejector assembly within the deep well setup shown below in a 4" casing.

6-Installation.png
Put the injector down the hole and its called a deep well configuration. If the injector is on the pump its a shallow well. This is making sense now. I don't see the injector part on my pump must be an internal piece. Thanks.

10fingers

Reaction score
If your pump is not equipped with a removable ejector to allow it to be converted to deep well operation, then your pump will be capable for use for only shallow well applications.
OK just to confirm the terminology here. A deep well jet pump is a pump that is converted from a shallow to a deep well by relocating the injector from the pump to the well. Question: Can a shallow well pump have or benefit from an injector mounted on the pump?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
OK just to confirm the terminology here. A deep well jet pump is a pump that is converted from a shallow to a deep well by relocating the injector from the pump to the well. Question: Can a shallow well pump have or benefit from an injector mounted on the pump?
A shallow well jet pump will already have the jet assembly inside the pump housing. A convertible jet pump will have the ejector able to bolt directly the the pump to make is a shallow well pump, or it can be installed down the well to make it a deep well jet.

10fingers

Reaction score
The operative word is "jet" pump. There are shallow well pumps that don't have a "jet", only impellers.
OK that's an important distinction. All my pumps only have impellers. Do they make pumps with an injector mounted on the pump?

Reach4

Reaction score
OK that's an important distinction. All my pumps only have impellers. Do they make pumps with an injector mounted on the pump?
There are multi-stage centrifugal suction (shallow) well pumps that have no injector anywhere. They look to me as if they cost more. I don't know if there is another reason that they might be less popular for home wells.
The common jet pump has a built in injector/jet.
The convertible jet pump lets you remove that injector/jet, and thereby convert to a deep well jet pump.
A deep well jet pump expects to be used with an injector/jet down the well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks