1/2" female straight thread to 3/4" male garden hose adapter needed

Users who are viewing this thread

DN Thomas

Reaction score
I can find all kinds of brass pipe fitting adapters (NPT or tapered threads) but I need to GO FROM a diverter valve on a bathroom faucet with a 1/2" male straight thread nipple (so I need a 1/2" female straight thread on one side of my adapter) TO the female end of a garden hose (so I need a 3/4" male garden hose nipple on the other side of my adapter.). Any ideas/links of a FOR SURE fitting? Thanks!!

DN Thomas

Reaction score
https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/0494491?r=~|categoryl1:"610686 Plumbing"%7C~ ~%7Ccategoryl2:"610719 Hose 9and Hose Products"%7C~ ~%7Ccategoryl3:"610736 Garden Hose Fittings"%7C~ ~%7Ccategoryl4:"603452 Adapters"%7C~

Is this what you need?
You know, I'm dumb about this stuff haha. But this you sent appears to be the same type of pipe adapter I found earlier which is the tapered threads and it appears I need straight threads on the 1/2 inch female end. I'm wanting to attach a 'holding tank 360 degree spray wand' that has a garden size hose on it to my RV bathroom sink faucet to use via the toilet to clean out the holding tank when emptying. I'm putting a diverter valve on my bathroom faucet so I don't have to unscrew the bathroom faucet fitting each time I use the sprayer. I need to go out from the diverter valve with a 1/2" straight thread female and then adapt to the female end of a garden hose (so I need male on the other side of the adapter). I'll put in a couple pics. Maybe these other adapters I (& you) find would work, yet it doesn't appear that way from my research. THANKS

Attachments

• Diverter.png
    Diverter.png
    101.7 KB · Views: 383
  • Hose & Wand.png
    Hose & Wand.png
    57.5 KB · Views: 319

Gregg G

Reaction score
You know, I'm dumb about this stuff haha. But this you sent appears to be the same type of pipe adapter I found earlier which is the tapered threads and it appears I need straight threads on the 1/2 inch female end. I'm wanting to attach a 'holding tank 360 degree spray wand' that has a garden size hose on it to my RV bathroom sink faucet to use via the toilet to clean out the holding tank when emptying. I'm putting a diverter valve on my bathroom faucet so I don't have to unscrew the bathroom faucet fitting each time I use the sprayer. I need to go out from the diverter valve with a 1/2" straight thread female and then adapt to the female end of a garden hose (so I need male on the other side of the adapter). I'll put in a couple pics. Maybe these other adapters I (& you) find would work, yet it doesn't appear that way from my research. THANKS

Look at the picture a little closer. One end is male hose thread, the other end is 3/4 male npt OR 1/2 female nps.

Stuff

Reaction score
Why do you need straight threads? Most pipe fittings are tapered so that when you screw them on they tighten up. If straight they stay loose. Straight threads are on things that require lock nuts.

DN Thomas

Reaction score
Sorry y'all. Like I said, I don't know plumbing. I'll give up! I don't want to keep bothering y'all. On that diverter I sent the pic of, the male nipple that is on the BOTTOM is the one I need to attach to. The one on the right is what goes to the bathroom sink faucet. Things I read today made it seem that these bathroom/handheld type things have a different (straight) type of threading than pluming PIPE items and wouldn't work, so I must just be confused. I will try ordering one like Gregg G suggested and trust it will work. Thanks for your help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks