1 1/2" wide x 3/8" oak flooring

Users who are viewing this thread

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
I have 1 1/2" wide x 3/8" oak (white, I think, but I'll settle for red) flooring in my house. I started looking for salvaged flooring but I've not been able to find any. Local place here will sell new, unfinished, for $4.39/sqft! That's rediculous. They say its hard to get and high in demand. Anyone know any sources for salvaged flooring or cheap new flooring? No...not available at lumber liquidators.

Thx
Jason

hilliap

Reaction score
Here in Detroit, there's a Habitat for Humanity Re-store...its a place that sells used/new/salvaged home materials that were pulled from home renovations or donated and can't use in their Habitat homes.

I've seen doors, windows, siding, etc and may be a worth looking? I'm thinking that the stores are nation wide...check on line or call your local Habitit office for more info.

good luck

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
I've been there here...ok that sounds wierd. Let me try again. I've been to the Columbus Habitat for Hiumanity Build it Again Center. I don't get there as often as I'd like to, but once a month or so I guess I make it. I've never seen any hardwood floors. I did see a nice fridge there one day, stainless steel, side by side. Had some nice lighting fixtures NIB, oak spindles, etc...no floor.

Thanks for the tip though.

Jason

W

walton02

Hi,

Consumers who are inexperienced in matters of buying wood are usually shocked at the fact that engineered oak flooring costs more than solid oak boards. But that is not surprising at all. The only difference between engineered wood and solid oak is the fact that solid oak is made from a single plank of oak wood while engineered oak wood has an extra soft plywood base in addition to the solid oak.

Frenchie

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
I have 1 1/2" wide x 3/8" oak (white, I think, but I'll settle for red) flooring in my house. I started looking for salvaged flooring but I've not been able to find any. Local place here will sell new, unfinished, for $4.39/sqft! That's rediculous. They say its hard to get and high in demand. Anyone know any sources for salvaged flooring or cheap new flooring? No...not available at lumber liquidators.

Thx
Jason

There's no such thing as cheap wood flooring.

While you can make flooring out of salvaged wood, AFAIK there's no such thing as salvaged flooring. It's practically impossible to pull flooring without damaging it beyond re-use.

If you're doing the whole house (you can only buy in bulk), there's amazing deals, sometimes, at building materials auctions. This:

http://www.peakauction.com/current/index.htm

Is usually worth travelling a few hundred miles for.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks