Lime Away & CEFIONTECT

Users who are viewing this thread

Bigmamma

Reaction score
We have a summer home and are planning on replacing our toilets with the Toto with CEFIONTECT. We have well water, water softner and turn off the water for the winter. When I turn the water back on there is a major lime deposit staining the toilet bowl. I have to use Lime Away about 5 times and really scrub to get the toilet looking clean. If I get this lime deposit with the new toilet, will Lime Away damage the Sana Gloss finish? We were planning on buying the Guinevere model. Thanks.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
My first big question is why do you have lime if you have a water softener? Sounds like it isn't working too well.

This is a good question for Toto, but I'd think if you didn't use an abrasive, it may not hurt things. What I've found is that most stuff brushes off with a regular toilet brush, but I've not noticed a mineral deposit in mine.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
If you remove the water from the toilet tank and trap, and put RV antifreeze in the trap then there is no reason for there to be any mineral deposits at all.

If this is how you winterize the house and your getting the mineral deposits after turning on the water then, like jadnashua said, you have something wrong with the softener.

Cookie

Reaction score
I wouldn't use Lime Away for personal health reasons, I wouldn't do that.
Use Borax and let it sit, make a paste out of it.

Fit

Reaction score
If you remove the water from the toilet tank and trap, and put RV antifreeze in the trap then there is no reason for there to be any mineral deposits at all.

If this is how you winterize the house and your getting the mineral deposits after turning on the water then, like jadnashua said, you have something wrong with the softener.

Yikes! Pour antifreeze in there and eventually flush it into the water supply?

Cookie

Reaction score
If you want to say YIKES to chemicals being flushed into the water supply
really read the labels on what people use to clean toilets with regularly. That stuff is really toxic. Along with most other cleaners people use in their homes, then the stuff is airborne so you can breathe and your kids, or family. That is a big YIKES, a double YIKES.

The air quality in a person's home is worse than standing outside. That is one of the reasons I don't have air conditioning, so I can open the windows; and, I don't use anything to clean with that is potentially harmful in any way at all. People exchange getting rid of dirt and germs for inhaling toxins and polluting the water supply in increments, and don't even realize the wrong doing.

Funny, I have a neighbor who tells me that she has to have air conditioning for her kid who has allergies. I can understand you don't want to add pollen etc into the home thru a window, but, then I see a cat walk by, wall to wall carpeting, she sprays the rooms with air fresheners etc, etc, I got to laugh.

The house is shut up tighter than a drum and they don't remove their shoes, so, little does she know the pollen and grass stuff is being tracked all over the home, upstairs, downstairs.

And, then for an added laugh, she gives him allergy pills, while he is petting the cat, singing with the bird in the cage, his little white tennis shoes are streaked green from the grass and his feet is on the furniture.

For conversation she brings out a new cleaner which works extremely well and cleans everything with it, even in his room.

She asks me, " doesn't it smell great in here?" That is the new wick spray product. Too bad it is burning my eyes while she is spraying it.

Just my 2 cents worth. lol.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks