Search results

1. 2stupid2fixit

Cheap Pump Update

We are approaching 2 years of the cheap Ebay $150 pump. I can't see what it looks like if its corrroded to crap and full of hardware pitting and fake stainless erosion. Its too far down and I am not yanking it until it breaks. As of today my $150 ebay deep well submersible is delivering the...
  2. 2stupid2fixit

Cheap pump update

I installed a 3/4 horse Hallmark 230v 3inch ebay purchase. It was to replace my 1/2 horse franklin electric/goulds wet end that ran since the 1970s. I'm happy to report that this cheapo $169 pump dropped 250 feet is still going strong. Same pressures as the day I sent her down. I dont work for...
  3. 2stupid2fixit

Cheap pump update

AS PROMISED... here is a field test update of a cheapo $150 ebay pump. Installed somewhere before thanksgiving day 2020 I don't remember the exact day but I know it was after Halloween but before Thanksgiving. I bought it on ebay. 3/4 horse 230v 3wire pump. Might as well be a 2 wire pump if we...
  4. 2stupid2fixit

Cheap pump update

as promised, my 3/4 horse cheap (under $200) ebay purchased pump has given me zero trouble. If you want the details of the pump ask me, I am not a paid advertiser. I thought it would not last 6 months for the price I paid but more than a year has gone by and no complaints.
  5. 2stupid2fixit

low cost ebay pump

As promised, some time has gone by and my under $200 cheapo 3/4 horse pump has not failed, gotten stuck or otherwise complained. She cycles way more than valveman would ever recommend, but keeps going. As said before, I will let you know when I have to drag her 205 feet to the surface.
  6. 2stupid2fixit

10 Month update

That $150 Chinese-made 3/4 hp 240 volt 2 wire probably worthless pump I bought on eBay is still working, without any issues. I promised I'd give periodic updates, it's still working as well as it did on day 1. I'll let you all know the moment it craps out, otherwise, I will just post these...
  7. 2stupid2fixit

Need pitless gasket.

Some might remember that my first posts in these forums about a year ago were all about finding help for my pitless. My user avatar is and has always been an actual photo of the drop pipe side of my pitless with leaky gasket. Today I learned some things. I yanked the pitless to try a round...
  8. 2stupid2fixit

GFCI Breaker on deep well submersible

I installed a hallmark 2 wire to replace my dead goulds/frankin, and replaced almost every part of the system, like tank, pressure switch, wire that goes from the pump up to the ground, safety rope etc etc. One day I got the bright idea to install a squareD 20 amp 2 pole GFCI breaker, ya know...
  9. 2stupid2fixit

6 Month cheapo pump update

Sometimes questions are asked in this forum about cheap deep well pumps. Many places sell cheap pumps that enable youtube video posters of some schmuck rasing up a dead pump and changing it out lickety split. The videos on youtube don't show you the guy that followed a video and accidentally...
  10. 2stupid2fixit

First Issue Arrived In Mailbox

First: I am not paid by anyone to endorse this publication. In my quest to learn more about how this getting water from the ground voodoo works, I joined NGWA. I was completely honest in my application and said I was not a well professional, I was just trying to learn as much as I could on my...
  11. 2stupid2fixit

Can a pump be oversized? Am I getting carried away?

I bought a 3/4 hp hallmark 3.5 inch to replace a 1974 goulds half horse. It works fine and I have no complaints. I know, if it aint broke don't fix it. HOWEVER... My curiosity got the best of me and I bought a 1 hp 3.5 inch hallmark that I wanted to send down the well for more water pressure...
  12. 2stupid2fixit

Wiring new pump

The old 240 volt pump was at the end of 275 feet of 2 conductor wire on a double pole 20 amp breaker. No ground. The new pump has two 120 volt legs and a ground. I imagine to PROPERLY do the installation correctly, the wire from the house to the well casing needs to be replaced also so that...
  13. 2stupid2fixit

Goulds pump , Keep it fix it or chuck it?

This is my Goulds pump that I pulled out of my well. There is a franklin electric 1/2 horsepower motor on it. It worked from 1973 until 2020. I know the pump assembly was original because the house was in the family since built. I needed water so a Chinese made pump is down there now. The...
  14. 2stupid2fixit

Leaky Pitless adapter

This is a very long rant. Skip to the photo if you want to tell me what pitless adapter I have and what o-ring or gasket it needs. Before I post the rest of this let me say the following: I KNOW that I should have a well service company or at least a plumber that works on wells fixing mine. I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks