Search results

1. homewrecker

What Material for Sleeve Through Brick?

Thanks! PVC was my first thought, but I wasn't sure if it was rugged enough. Thanks to you both for your advice!
  2. homewrecker

What Material for Sleeve Through Brick?

I need to run copper water supply pipes through a brick wall that is 10" thick. I want to bore a large enough hole to allow for a sleeve/conduit through which the copper pipe will run. What should this sleeve be made of? The next size copper pipe, or something harder, like iron pipe? Seems...
  3. homewrecker

Washer Standpipe Install in Tight Space

Re: vent Thanks, HJ. The vent line show in Arrangement 2b is iron; I can add a vent T at the highest point by cutting out about 5 inches of the iron vent pipe and connecting the vent T with banded couplings. The only lead-to-plastic connection is below the floor, where the existing bathroom...
  4. homewrecker

An awesome illustration, markts30! Thank you so much! One more question, if I may. Since a vent is required, my main stack has a vent inlet about 5' above the floor, which is being used to vent the toilets, which is required because they rest one above the other. The vent pipe is 2". May I...
  5. homewrecker

Terry: Thanks for your response and advice. What method do you prefer for connecting lead pipe to PVC? Given that a vent is required, would creating an auxilliary stack, as shown in diagram3 (attached) be correct? markts30: A floorplan is attached. The main stack has only one 2" inlet that...
  6. homewrecker

Hello and Happy New Year! I'd like to install a washing machine drain on the second floor of my home. The 1 1/2" drain line from the second floor bathroom sink/tub enters the main stack immediately below the proposed location for my washer. I'd like to enlarge this line and connect my washer...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks