Search results

1. Josh44

Help with Whining/Singing Pipes

So that's the weird thing, the pressure was crazy high with the original PRV that must have been bad and ended up leaking when I tried to bring the pressure down. The new PRV is just out of the box/preset pressure and the pressure is now normal in the house. But now it's whining even with...
  2. Josh44

I think my plan for tonight is to try to completely drain the house water lines and start from scratch. As far as I understand it, I need to shut off the main water valve and then start from the top of the house opening all faucets. Then I need to open the lowest faucet in my house so the water...
  3. Josh44

I'm going to try to get all of the air out tonight and see if that helps. I haven't checked the pressure in and out. The pressure in our house was crazy high and had been for the year or so I've lived there. I tried to turn down the pressure on the old PRV and it started gushing water from...
  4. Josh44

Hi Jeff, Thanks for the reply. So if I just replaced the PRV with a new one, what might be the problem? Could it be the rubber washer at the PRV didn't seat right? Or maybe I got a bad PRV and need to replace it with new? Thanks again!
  5. Josh44

Hi All, We've recently had issues with our hot water heater and then, separately, the pressure reducing valve on the water main line. Both of these items have been replaced within the past two weeks. Everything seemed to be working fine for about a week here until yesterday morning. Wife got...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks