Search results

1. Mycorrado

Adding shower to horizontal wet vent (IPC)

Hi, Converting an existing half bath to full by adding a shower. Not sure if I can join the existing horizontal wet vent the lav provides the toilet. can the shower be downstream of the toilet under IPC rules? the drawing below if view from above.
  2. Mycorrado

Frozen tank questions

Here in Dallas.. I have a tank in the attic pretty exposed. without power for a few days, and temps in the single digits, I think it is frozen. when power comes on, it immediately starts making a hissing/crackling noise. 1) do tanks burst when frozen? 2) would it be safe to power it on...
  3. Mycorrado

Condensate drain options?

I am adding a tankless gas water heater. I need to drain condensate but don't have anything nearby except the bathroom behind it which I am redoing. I was thinking of doing something like a washer in wall drain box/ stand pipe and air gap it into that, using 1 1/4 drain. a floor drain is...
  4. Mycorrado

Bathroom wet vent question

Hi, I am remodeling a poorly done, garage conversion that has a unvented bath at the end of it. -Per the picture, I am removing a tub, and installing a shower with the drain and water lines on an interior partition wall (was outside wall before). -The old lav drain went strait up into the...
  5. Mycorrado

How to enter home in main water line reroute?

Hi! I have a 1965 brick home that sprung a slab leak. I wan't to just run PEX through the attic and down to fixtures. my question is how does the line make entry into the home. I am in Dallas so I am ok running PEX up and outside wall (insulated of course), but do I really drill down the...
  6. Mycorrado

Plumbing addition testing?

Hi, I am plumbing a new washer drain into a closet adjacent to a bathroom, tying into the bath drain. the lavatory drain ties into an existing 3" cast iron vertical vent, which I will replace with PVC. I would plumb a 2" horizontal drain to which the washer and lavatory would connect to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks