Search results

1. Mycorrado

Adding shower to horizontal wet vent (IPC)

Thanks Wayne, the photo shows the old drain, which as you say doesn't have room for a second Y but the toilet was moved closer to the lav so the new segment does appear to have the length. I am planing to run a 2" to the shower and the run back should be less than 8'. The shower Y can be...
  2. Mycorrado

Adding shower to horizontal wet vent (IPC)

Hi, Converting an existing half bath to full by adding a shower. Not sure if I can join the existing horizontal wet vent the lav provides the toilet. can the shower be downstream of the toilet under IPC rules? the drawing below if view from above.
  3. Mycorrado

Frozen tank questions

Thanks for all the replies, It did not leak. I waited for a few days of warm weather and it powered up fine, no leaks. Whew!
  4. Mycorrado

Frozen tank questions

Here in Dallas.. I have a tank in the attic pretty exposed. without power for a few days, and temps in the single digits, I think it is frozen. when power comes on, it immediately starts making a hissing/crackling noise. 1) do tanks burst when frozen? 2) would it be safe to power it on...
  5. Mycorrado

Bathroom wet vent question

Wayne, Do I understand your original suggestion correctly?
  6. Mycorrado

I got confused, was reading IPC.. too many tabs open. IPC 912.1.1 doesn't apply to me. I'll go back to your suggestion and draw it out to make sure I understand it right. thanks!
  7. Mycorrado

well I'm back. I am actually in Coppell but Dallas county. here they use UPC. I can't connect two fixtures into a horizontal wet vent at the same time. I see two options I think meet code? Option A, Vertical wet vent: the toilet and shower are wet vented between the flange and the closet...
  8. Mycorrado

Right existing. I was hoping to use much of what's down there, but I see that cross isn't right. I am not set on 10", just wanted to get the toilet a little further away from the shower glass. it currently sits at 15, with the lateral 45's I get to 19". if I change the cross I can do like...
  9. Mycorrado

No, the new lav runs to where the lav used to be using 2". the old lav runs 3" to a horizontal cross . that cross (4 way) goes out to the left to the sewer, elbows up to the toilet and the 4th goes towards the old tub drain in 3". From there I plan to connect to the new shower drain opposite...
  10. Mycorrado

here is the sink/lav location. Center of the existing flange is 14 1/2 from the frame so it looks to be to far out. I was going above the minimum 1 1/2 to 2" to get more distance for the wet vent. I am trying to vent the toilet and the shower all from the sink.
  11. Mycorrado

Condensate drain options?

I am adding a tankless gas water heater. I need to drain condensate but don't have anything nearby except the bathroom behind it which I am redoing. I was thinking of doing something like a washer in wall drain box/ stand pipe and air gap it into that, using 1 1/4 drain. a floor drain is...
  12. Mycorrado

Hi, I am remodeling a poorly done, garage conversion that has a unvented bath at the end of it. -Per the picture, I am removing a tub, and installing a shower with the drain and water lines on an interior partition wall (was outside wall before). -The old lav drain went strait up into the...
  13. Mycorrado

How to enter home in main water line reroute?

nothing like that. all I see near the house is a dinky faucet barely above ground. going to dig down there which is straight from the meter. but the picture above is what I am thinking of doing. go up and elbow into the brick. that meets code right?
  14. Mycorrado

How to enter home in main water line reroute?

Hi! I have a 1965 brick home that sprung a slab leak. I wan't to just run PEX through the attic and down to fixtures. my question is how does the line make entry into the home. I am in Dallas so I am ok running PEX up and outside wall (insulated of course), but do I really drill down the...
  15. Mycorrado

Plumbing addition testing?

I picked up a side inlet sanitary to look at it, and the inlet I got looks sanitary. the only issue I see is the drain plug adapter would end up sticking out the wall about 3 inches, somewhere behind the toilet, to the left of it. Somewhat of an eyesore. I envisioned dropping/placing the...
  16. Mycorrado

that's the issue it would place it smack on top of the toilet, visible access panel.. :(
  17. Mycorrado

@wwhitney Thanks, yes I got the correct coupling, just used the wrong name. it is a CI to PVC with solid shield. I've already made the cuts carefully supporting the top piece (was only about 3 ft up the shallow attic and out. ). came out super easy using a soil pipe chain cutter. @Reach4...
  18. Mycorrado

did I understand IPC the cleanout can be one size smaller? so 2" facing out would work too?
  19. Mycorrado

Thanks, I checked my City and yes IPC 2015. Alternatively could just run the 2" to the vertical stack and the lavatory can drain horizontally as well (current bathroom config is horizontal galvanized pipe into the cast iron vertical).
  20. Mycorrado

Hi, I am plumbing a new washer drain into a closet adjacent to a bathroom, tying into the bath drain. the lavatory drain ties into an existing 3" cast iron vertical vent, which I will replace with PVC. I would plumb a 2" horizontal drain to which the washer and lavatory would connect to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks