Search results

1. ChrisGTE

Master bathroom waste/vent rough in

Gorilla Glue is Polyurethane I think. I liked it because I know it expands, figured it would fill in any small gaps. Wayne and Terry, I really appreciate you taking the time to answer questions and provide input, thanks.
  2. ChrisGTE

That is exactly my plan. There will be a 2 ½” hole in the middle of the joist but in theory it will be back to an acceptable hole size (i.e. less that 1/3). Any suggestion on glue, Titebond, Gorilla, ect? I am going to sister a 2x10 to the joist that will bear on structure on 1 end and I will...
  3. ChrisGTE

Yeah, when I opened up that floor I was shocked at how bad that joist is notched. Crazy thing is that the tile/grout that was redone almost 20 years ago was undamaged. I can’t sister a joist full length but since the notch is in the top of the joist my plan is to fill the notch with a 2x4...
  4. ChrisGTE

Wwhitney, thanks for the input! Good call on turning the shower p-trap, it is close but it looks like I can make that work with my joist layout. I am not seeing where the laundry drain is vented before the vent leg (leg above drain). The vertical pipe I had to the right site is the laundry...
  5. ChrisGTE

Thanks Terry, So would something like this be correct? Thanks again for the help!
  6. ChrisGTE

Terry got me pointed in the right direction with my vanity waste/vent a few months back and now I am on to my toilet/shower/washing machine. The original layout had the vanity, toilet and shower all on this wall. I moved the vanity to the other side of the bathroom and am adding a combo washer...
  7. ChrisGTE

Bathroom Vanity Drain

Thanks Terry, I appreciate the input
  8. ChrisGTE

Bathroom Vanity Drain

I have been reading the forum for years but finally have a big enough project that I thought I should post a question before I get myself in over my head. As part of my master bathroom remodel I am moving my vanity sink from one wall to another which will require a new drain run. I have a 2”...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks