Search results

1. JT and the DOG

DIY DWV Check for UPC Jurisdiction

I had a consultation inspection today and I "passed." He said "everything looks good here." I'm stoked! Thanks for your support!
  2. JT and the DOG

Hi Wayne, Thank you for the very thoughtful response. I appreciate you taking the time to explain. You answered my real burning question: do lower items need to have relief vents installed, even though they are within six feet of the waste stack, which vents to the open air? Sounds like I need...
  3. JT and the DOG

Hi Terry and Friends, I'm extensively renovating a house from 1907. Planning and plumbing the DWV system has been the most difficult part because I live in a UPC jurisdiction. Someone out on the WWW referred to the UPC's venting requirements as "aggressive," and that phrasing stuck with me. I...
  4. JT and the DOG

Old House - Floor drain, washer basin & new standpipe help

Hi Folks, I'm a first time poster here, but I have been coming to the site for a couple of years now. My house (in Nebraska) came with a basin for the washing machine drain. See picture #1: That isn't terribly problematic, except that the basin empties into what seems to be a faulty floor...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks