Search results

1. doozer

Navien Tankless Temperature swings (over/under shoot)

I have installed a Navien NCB-180E in my pole barn apartment. I have the living area on one zone (20x40) and the garage on another (44x40). 1/2" PEX is run on 10" centers through 4" concrete. Slab is on top of 2" foam board. The walls are spray foamed with 3" of closed cell foam and blown in...
  2. doozer

Navien NCB-180 cycling

I had set the dip switch (#7 I think) to the wrong position. So it was set to "continuous space heating" I wrongly believed this setting would cause the unit to operate only when it sensed water flow caused by the secondary circulating pumps. Though it did fire when the circulating pumps were...
  3. doozer

Navien NCB-180 cycling

I am more suspicious of what is causing the internal pump to operate so frequently. Some sort of setting? Pressure seems to be steady, the temp of the supply/return water in the unit only falls about 5 degrees below the set point, and I cannot find any other setting that would cause the pump to...
  4. doozer

Navien NCB-180 cycling

I installed a Navien NCB-180 as the boiler for my radiant floor heat system in a pole barn apartment. This is the first winter it will operate so I will be tweaking things as we go. I am already concerned about how often the internal pump is cycling. I have not timed it but the pump seems to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks