Search results

1. Jeff Knecht

Wall adjacent to shower repair

Good Evening Moved into a 3-year-old house. Scraped away loose paint and mud. The area is not spongy or flaky. Mesh drywall tape may indicate prior repair. It's not moist and has no watermarks but will thoroughly dry the area anyway.b Thinking of applying 2 coats of primer then patching with...
  2. Jeff Knecht

Cadet 3 Flowise Compact Elongated 1 Piece toilet.

Any reviews on the Cadet 3 1 Piece Compact Elongated toilet? I've read the slow close seat is questionable but the toilet in general is reliable.
  3. Jeff Knecht

Converting a standard wired outlet to a switch controlled

Bedroom has 5 outlets with 1 outlet that has a switched plug. I want to convert another outlet in the bedroom, that is a standard wired outlet, to a switch-controlled outlet. Plan: - Run a red wire from the already switched outlet to the proposed switched outlet plug. -Of course, break the...
  4. Jeff Knecht

LED lighting

SORRY, I'M AN IDIOT AND ENTERED THE SAME MESSAGE TWICE BUT WITH A DIFFERENT HEADING AND I COULD NOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO DELETE ONE OF THE OTHER. MY APOLOGIES. Good Evening Need some advice on under-cabinet LED strip lighting. I have 5 led individual strips totaling 14 feet, on 5 cabinets at...
  5. Jeff Knecht

Class 1 Dimmable Drivers

Good Evening Need some advice on under-cabinet LED strip lighting. I have 5 led individual strips totaling 14 feet, on 5 cabinets at 3.5 watts per foot and 32 feet of low voltage wire for the complete run from the driver to the end of the furthest LED strip. Problem is, 32 feet at 3.5 watts per...
  6. Jeff Knecht

Dehumidifier Drain

Hi All I want to connect a crawlspace dehumidifier PVC drain to the air handler condensation drain at or near the trap. The air handler is to the left of the photo about 10 feet away. Looking for a design that would be meet the code for NC. Also, is there a universal fitting setup, that can...
  7. Jeff Knecht

Crawlspace dehumidifier drain

Hi All I want to connect a crawlspace dehumidifier PVC drain to the air handler condensation drain at or near the trap. The air handler is to the left of photo about 10 feet away. Looking for a design that would be meet code for NC. Also, is there a universal fitting setup, that can connect...
  8. Jeff Knecht

ABS connect to PVC

Hi All Which glue is used to attach a PVC long 90 to a cut-off ABS pipe? I would rather use a Fernco coupler but I have read where Fernco couplers cannot be used in a wall or above ground. Can anyone shed some light on this please? Thank You Jeff
  9. Jeff Knecht

Fernco Couplers

HI Can Fernco Couplers be used in walls and a crawlspace? I've read, which can be dangerous, that they are only approved for below groundwork, yet I have seen them used by bonafide professional plumbers in crawlspace and buried in a plumbing wall. I'm referring to two types: One has a shield...
  10. Jeff Knecht

Clearance for closet bend

Is 9 3/4" inches from the top of the subfloor to the cement slab underneath sufficient space for a closet bend? Thank You
  11. Jeff Knecht

Sliding shower door goof

Is this the proper site to discuss frameless shower door design?
  12. Jeff Knecht

Siphoning of Toilet

Two old-month-old American Standard Champion after 6 weeks, began siphoning bowl water after a more than unusual amount of rainy days. We have a 40-year-old septic system, pumped out 2 years ago. The tank is in decent shape with an acceptable layer of crud at the bottom but one of the two...
  13. Jeff Knecht

Testing Valve Flow

I'd like to compare the shower flow between PEX bend brackets and 90 degree elbow connections to the shower valve. With the test cap on and turning on the hot and cold, will that correlate to having the cartridge installed or does the cartridge restrict the flow to a large degree? I would run...
  14. Jeff Knecht

Vanity supply lines to stop

Hi All Bringing up the PEX supplies from the crawlspace into the bath vanity. Is it against code to have the cold enter on the left and the hot on the right? For future ID, I am using blue and red PEX and will connect to the proper angle stop, which are stubbed out on the proper side. This...
  15. Jeff Knecht

PEX installation made easy for old hands

Installing PEX in 24" high crawl and being 6"3", 73 years, benign tremor in the right hand and not as strong as I use to be, trying to devise a plan of attack. I would appreciate your comments. 1. Hard to get leverage on the crimper. On another install in the same area, while lying on back...
  16. Jeff Knecht

Bath Remodel Supply

Gutted bath with single sink. Running PEX from 3/4" copper. Shower has hand held at rear next to bench. One shower device at a time. Questions: Run remainder of PEX in 1/2" or Run 3/4"" main with 1/2" branches? 60 PSI / 10 GPM 1800 SF ranch Ball valves are 32 from 1" feed. Hot water tank is 20...
  17. Jeff Knecht

Toilet Wax Ring

Little help please. Black rubber ring that is inside blue flange seems to be glued to down pipe. I thought at first it was part of the wax ring. When I lift on black rubber ring, the down pipe lifts. Top of blue flange is about 3/16" higher than finished floor. The black ring seems a little...
  18. Jeff Knecht

Shower valve rough out

Just planning ahead... Is there a way that I can install a Delta RP10000 PEX WS shower valve and make it easier, to repair or replace in the future, from an adjacent room or closet? I thought that if there was a need, I could cut the screws holding the stringer, pull out the valve and...
  19. Jeff Knecht

Setting Toilets

Good Morning, Need to reset two toilets after bathroom remodels. I have installed a toilet maybe 6 times and have had pretty good luck. In the past, I always figured. that if the toilet leaked, the water would be visible pretty quick and I could mop up and reinstall. However, I went against the...
  20. Jeff Knecht

Dishwasher Smell

Trying to find out if DW drain is hooked up correctly. Filter is removed and washed after every cycle. I did notice that the arm that connects the sinks is out of pitch and I will remedy that. but the smell is coming from DW cabinet. I have not removed the DW to see how the drain hose is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks