Search results

1. Jeff Knecht

Wall adjacent to shower repair

Good Evening Moved into a 3-year-old house. Scraped away loose paint and mud. The area is not spongy or flaky. Mesh drywall tape may indicate prior repair. It's not moist and has no watermarks but will thoroughly dry the area anyway.b Thinking of applying 2 coats of primer then patching with...
  2. Jeff Knecht

Cadet 3 Flowise Compact Elongated 1 Piece toilet.

It's not worth it, til it breaks down. Good advice probably go with the TOTO. Thank you!
  3. Jeff Knecht

Thanks Terry. There is about a $200 difference in price. Is it worth it?
  4. Jeff Knecht

Any reviews on the Cadet 3 1 Piece Compact Elongated toilet? I've read the slow close seat is questionable but the toilet in general is reliable.
  5. Jeff Knecht

Converting a standard wired outlet to a switch controlled

Thanks Wayne I ended up running 14/3 Romex directly from the existing switched outlet to the new switched outlet. Connected the wires color for color, red being the switched plug on both outlets. Broke the tab. Again, thank you.
  6. Jeff Knecht

Converting a standard wired outlet to a switch controlled

Bedroom has 5 outlets with 1 outlet that has a switched plug. I want to convert another outlet in the bedroom, that is a standard wired outlet, to a switch-controlled outlet. Plan: - Run a red wire from the already switched outlet to the proposed switched outlet plug. -Of course, break the...
  7. Jeff Knecht

LED lighting

SORRY, I'M AN IDIOT AND ENTERED THE SAME MESSAGE TWICE BUT WITH A DIFFERENT HEADING AND I COULD NOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO DELETE ONE OF THE OTHER. MY APOLOGIES. Good Evening Need some advice on under-cabinet LED strip lighting. I have 5 led individual strips totaling 14 feet, on 5 cabinets at...
  8. Jeff Knecht

Class 1 Dimmable Drivers

Good Evening Need some advice on under-cabinet LED strip lighting. I have 5 led individual strips totaling 14 feet, on 5 cabinets at 3.5 watts per foot and 32 feet of low voltage wire for the complete run from the driver to the end of the furthest LED strip. Problem is, 32 feet at 3.5 watts per...
  9. Jeff Knecht

Dehumidifier Drain

Hi All I want to connect a crawlspace dehumidifier PVC drain to the air handler condensation drain at or near the trap. The air handler is to the left of the photo about 10 feet away. Looking for a design that would be meet the code for NC. Also, is there a universal fitting setup, that can...
  10. Jeff Knecht

Fernco Couplers

Good explanation and thank you. I did try to point out the two types of Fernco products that I was referring to. Take Care
  11. Jeff Knecht

Crawlspace dehumidifier drain

Hi All I want to connect a crawlspace dehumidifier PVC drain to the air handler condensation drain at or near the trap. The air handler is to the left of photo about 10 feet away. Looking for a design that would be meet code for NC. Also, is there a universal fitting setup, that can connect...
  12. Jeff Knecht

Fernco Couplers

Thanks again, went with the shielded coupler.
  13. Jeff Knecht

ABS connect to PVC

Ended up using a shielded coupler.
  14. Jeff Knecht

ABS connect to PVC

Yep, shielded coupler all the way.
  15. Jeff Knecht

ABS connect to PVC

Hi All Which glue is used to attach a PVC long 90 to a cut-off ABS pipe? I would rather use a Fernco coupler but I have read where Fernco couplers cannot be used in a wall or above ground. Can anyone shed some light on this please? Thank You Jeff
  16. Jeff Knecht

Fernco Couplers

HI Can Fernco Couplers be used in walls and a crawlspace? I've read, which can be dangerous, that they are only approved for below groundwork, yet I have seen them used by bonafide professional plumbers in crawlspace and buried in a plumbing wall. I'm referring to two types: One has a shield...
  17. Jeff Knecht

Clearance for closet bend

No sir. Want to use a 2x2 trap for the shower and a 4x3 closet bend for the toilet. Looked at some diagrams for Charlotte pipe products, and it looks like a closet bend is about 4" tall and a shower trap is around 7". That would give me enough clearance in the joist bay, although, a little...
  18. Jeff Knecht

Thanks, Reach I neglected to indicate that the joists run parallel with the drain. A more important question is how much joist space is required for a shower drain? Thank you again.
  19. Jeff Knecht

Is 9 3/4" inches from the top of the subfloor to the cement slab underneath sufficient space for a closet bend? Thank You
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks