Search results

1. Sarg

TEXAS FOLKS - Time to react.

Folks in The Texas areas ..... especially those on wells ...... they predict your temperatures will be in the single digits. Time to stockpile water and drain exterior piping. I've been told the piping down there is only about a foot under ground. Remember to turn off water supply to your...
  2. Sarg

Experts opinion on possible water heater longevity

May I ask the opinion of the experienced ? Primarily concerning the electric heaters ...... If the heater is serviced yearly ... meaning the tank is thoroughly flushed ( wet vac through bottom element hole ) and the anode rod is changed when it begins to show signs of deterioration so the tank...
  3. Sarg

Removing toilet scale & deposits

Our toilet is about 40 years in service and usually functions Ok. Occasionally we need a slight - gentle plunge to assist the evacuation. I noted a build up of scale ... best described as what appears to be a pebble type build up directly below the tank flapper. Now I'm seeking a hydrocloric...
  4. Sarg

For those that worry about freezing pipes

We live in a mobile home and our well line comes up through the slab. We have always had concerns about freezing because winter does bring below zero temperatures here. The entry line has heat tape and insulation but I've always had concerns about leaving it plugged in all winter during the...
  5. Sarg

Guidance on installing a CSV into an existing well system

Got everything ready to replace the pictured system I put into the house in 2006. This time I'm putting in a 10" shorter Rheem heater with a 20 gal. Dayton steel pressure tank. I've acquired all new attachments for the Dayton tank and the "T" piping from the tank will be very similar to the...
  6. Sarg

Adjusting a square D pump switch

I just found these instructions on a Ehow website. Could folks confirm if they are "backasswards". I thought the adjustments were just the opposite on the smaller post Step 3 Turn the nut counterclockwise with a nut driver to reduce the total range of pressure provided by the regulator...
  7. Sarg

Guidance on swivel fittings for heater tank nipples

Getting together items needed to install a new water heater. I intend to use 3/4 swivel elbows for the water connections and have questions on the proper technique to tighten them when they have a rubber sealing grommet or washer as pictured. Is it hand tight and then 1/2 a turn or should they...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks