Search results

1. Water Guy

Kinetico 2060S Salt and Meter Disc Settings Needed

might have a hard time getting help. very few people that know anything about those systems. very proprietary and kept close to the chest, so to speak.
  2. Water Guy

Culligan iron cleer replacement recommendations?

ok. I suspect one of the dip switches is set to read 2 digits, so your regening at 510 gallons. (18 x 365) /3=2190,so you probably regening every 3 days, which makes sense. are you using salt?
  3. Water Guy

is there a flow meter on the softener or does it regen based on days? if so the unit should say capg for a second and then a number (maybe 870) when cycling through with the status key. I may be able to help diagnose.
  4. Water Guy

understood. honestly, they would likely not have anyone qualified to fix it and/or not want to order the parts up and just offer a new softener with the above additions. dittos suggestion is best. new equipment is in order. preferably not proprietary.
  5. Water Guy

are you against having Culligan fix the iron clear unit? pics? I only saw one iron clear unit the my entire two years working for them. they are overly, unnecessarily complex. imo. they use an air pump combined with chlorine draw. they do it with a softener now combined with a chlorine generator...
  6. Water Guy

Fleck 9000 Issue & Unusual Set-up?

good catch. especially with brush to clean up the bores.
  7. Water Guy

in wouldn't let me edit that last post should have said 9000. yes, pull the seals and spacers. seal should be first and last in the stack, so don't miss the bottom seal. hope the meter is registering if not you can replace the dome which is around $50. the bores should be cleaned up (wiped...
  8. Water Guy

you can get both pistons, seal packs and a brine piston in one kit. look online about $150. if your other unit is working you can manually regen that a couple times in a row (about an hour and a half apart), then once a day or so. may give you some relief if it's working. if it's that bad might...
  9. Water Guy

^^^ an accurate comprehensive water test is crucial. the fleck 9000 is a great unit. the 9100 sxt is basically just a solid state version of the 9000, so no need. you're in need of seal/spacer and piston kit to solve the drain issue. your using way too much salt. order up the 9000 parts, get a...
  10. Water Guy

Water Softener for Well

Recovery seems very acceptable with that much tds. is that the actual water temp or best scenario? Couple of questions, do you plan on backwashing those membranes periodically? and, if you were able to up the feed pressure would that result in increase in efficiency or just increase both...
  11. Water Guy

Water Softener for Well

that's quite a system. are you injecting for descaling? also, love the d.bs ease of pressure adjustments and ramp up ability based on demand. how do you like them? found any drawbacks? I've seen people try to treat everything at once with an RO. Like you, my thought is to separately treat to...
  12. Water Guy

16kw Generac Guardian generator will not run 1hp Grudfos well pump

comment related to someone suggesting it could be fuel related. I have a 15kw portable gasoline generac. one year it wouldn't run, so I did some research. I found out it has a mechanical fuel cut off mechanism to prevent backfire. removed The guts from that mechanism and it's been operating...
  13. Water Guy

Water Softener for Well

you may benefit from an RO. While things such as calcium and magnesium can contribute to TDS, it mainly consists of salts and heavy metals, neither of which is good for the human body. While some TDS is acceptable, higher amounts (especially of heavy metals) can bioaccumulate leading to long and...
  14. Water Guy

Austin, TX test results: need advice on water softener and pH

your roughly 33 gpg hard, so significantly hard. a 48 k grain should work with 2 people in the home properly programmed. a softener will also raise the pH by .3, which puts you at 6.5. PEX won't be affected. however your TDS is very high. an RO will remove up to 90% of that but will require a...
  15. Water Guy

Fleck 5600 Econominder capacity wheel not rotating

I would just replace the dome. everything points to that. the fact that the unit is set to 450 gal regen, i suspect maybe your raw water isn't great and some contaminants possibly bound the gears up causing the unit to not read flow thereby not regen. I'd advise you get a comprehensive water...
  16. Water Guy

Water Smells only after Water Softener ??

it's crucial to know what your treating for. I agree with skyjumper that your resin may be fouled, and with his recommendation regarding steering clear of proprietary systems as it leaves you beholden to them for parts and repair.
  17. Water Guy

Water Smells only after Water Softener ??

that smell usually indicates manganese. did you test for manganese? I never recommend the iron eater stuff or salt pellets, just crystal salt.
  18. Water Guy

Fleck 5600 Econominder capacity wheel not rotating

or just wait and do bannerman suggestion. also check to see if time of day is moving.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks