Search results

1. Ry01

Black specks in bathtub please help!

I didn't actually try to burn the specks. When I spoke to the plumber that came to do the inspection, he said anything that leaves a mark in the tub is rubber. He did say what the specks that don't smear was. I'm guessing it may be sediments? My main concerns are the one marks that shows up...
  2. Ry01

I've been cleaning the aerator pretty often. I noticed the sediments in the aerator is not exactly the same as the specks I see in the tub. The sediments in the aerator don't smudge/smear. Also a lot of times, I won't even see anything in the tub until I drain the water. That's when I see tiny...
  3. Ry01

Is that something that can be installed in a condo unit? I'm trying to get management to once and for all fix the problem so I just want to know their idea of replacing a bathtub faucet will do anything.
  4. Ry01

Hi everyone, Sorry to revive this 5 months old thread. Unfortunately I'm still dealing with the black specks/marks showing up in the bathtub/shower. Management finally had a plumber come to do an inspection. Management said the plumber checked the relevant common areas in the building and...
  5. Ry01

Here's how the aerator looks like normally. Also I looked at the toilet tanks in my unit and I noticed there's a lot of black debris/sediments. I tried rubbing the debris and it left black marks all over my fingers. Is this normal? I'm wondering if this is somehow connected to the issue I'm...
  6. Ry01

A booster pump was installed last year as there were complaints of low water pressure. The black specks were present long before the pumps were installed. When the pumps were first installed, there was a large amount of debris that showed up in all water source in our unit. It clogged our...
  7. Ry01

So when I first reached out to the board after being ignored by the property manager for so long, they sent a plumber to collect water samples to do a test. During that time, I spoke to the plumber briefly and he suggested cleaning the tanks and another option is to install a filter where the...
  8. Ry01

At the moment I only know one other owner that said she noticed the issue in her sink after I mentioned it to her. I haven't had a chance to speak to anyone else cause of the whole Covid mess. I can try to bring up switching the anode rod to a different material but I have a feeling they won't...
  9. Ry01

The issue was better the few couple of weeks after tank cleaning but is starting to get worse again. If the building is 9 years old and the tank was only cleaned recently, could issue be due to lack of proper maintenance? I recall reading somewhere that if a tank has not been cleaned for along...
  10. Ry01

Thanks for the info! I asked about the anode rod during the recent cleaning and I was told it was good and still has 5/6 years life left. I spoke to another owner on the same floor as me. She didn't notice the issue at first until I told her about it. When I saw her again, she said she noticed...
  11. Ry01

Haha I wish.. the manager has been nothing but nightmare to deal with. Often ignoring emails.
  12. Ry01

I was told by management the building use copper and pex pipes and that there's no rubber components. Any other idea what might be the cause?
  13. Ry01

Ah I see. I'm wondering if the issue is still with the water tank. The specks were mostly gone initially after the cleaning but that lasted about 2 weeks before it started getting worse. It's not as bad as how it was before the tank cleaning. I would say now, on a full tube of water, there's...
  14. Ry01

That's something the building installs or is it for individual units? Also if the cause of the problem is not within my unit, I would much rather have management fix it. Just that they aren't willing to look into the issue so I'm doing the research myself.
  15. Ry01

Yah.. even in the beginning, the manager was very reluctant to do anything. When we showed him the issue, he said it's just soap residue even after I told him that few different plumbers I spoke to all suggest it's the water heater tank and the first step would be to clean the tanks. How often...
  16. Ry01

No, the water heater is with the building.
  17. Ry01

Thanks, I mentioned this to management before but I was told there's no rubber parts present in the system at all. The issue was much better right after the tank cleaning but it got worst again couple of weeks after.
  18. Ry01

Hi everyone, I live in a condo and for the past 3 years I have having issue with black specks showing up in the bathtub after use. Sometimes I can see actually specks in the water and I can move it around. Other times it would smudge and leave an oily trial. Sometimes you don't even see the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks