Search results

1. FakeGamerGirl

Is it okay for the overflow drain to be sideways?

We have reached out to him for the other known problems, and he called us liars and we are having to go through Thumbtack to dispute it.. so unfortunately reaching out to him won't do any good. Edit: Just looked at digital manual page (since plumber took it with him) and what Terry shows is...
  2. FakeGamerGirl

I added more pics to my previous reply. We may have another plumber come out to assess it but scared it'll be another person trying to prey on our lack of knowledge
  3. FakeGamerGirl

My apologies, I'm not knowledgeable about all the adapters and what not-- we chose these Sharkbite adapters at your suggestion but he installed them. Are you saying they're installed correctly or incorrectly? We know he left the retainer clip out of the valve and when we tested the shower water...
  4. FakeGamerGirl

Long story short, hired plumber. Most of what he did had dire consequences. Wondering if this is going to lead to more problems or if it's okay. Thanks in advance.
  5. FakeGamerGirl

Caulking around bathtub quandary

From the post, I wrote: "We purchased interlocking tiles designed for bathtub surrounds that can be directly applied to drywall. I did want to tile down over the bathtub flange, but the house didn't want to allow this, as the flange stuck out further than the wall and this would've made for a...
  6. FakeGamerGirl

The valve was only installed about 2 weeks ago and he did refund that job. He was hired through Thumbtack and the only plumber we could afford. Since we know exactly what was done, we have been able to catch problems before true disaster could happen. We are redoing the floor in the room on the...
  7. FakeGamerGirl

Hello there! Me again. You guys were so supportive and helpful with my last inquiry, I thought I'd seek your guidance once more. To reintroduce myself, I'm a 31 year old stay at home mother to a 1.5 year old toddler. I have no experience and am learning as I go. As a refresher, my situation is...
  8. FakeGamerGirl

Installing standard bathtub in mobile home

I cant safely get it out until my significant other gets home to help this evening, due to the tight space we had to pivot it in to. But I did prop it up on a board for now at least. Also just witnessed a couple drips from faucet connection.
  9. FakeGamerGirl

Here's more pictures. Im going to try and lift it out now for more pictures.
  10. FakeGamerGirl

We had bought the almost identical faucet as the one currently in the wall. Is this a bad idea? We also worry the poly pipes will get in the way of the overflow drain kit. Also some concerns about the electrical cord that runs directly under the prone-to-leak piping. We are looking for methods...
  11. FakeGamerGirl

Thank you so much for your replies! My mood is brightened significantly just by knowing somebody cares enough to try and help, so thank you very much for that. The bottom of the house is enclosed by insulation and tarp, but we can cut a square out to get a good picture if it will help. We have...
  12. FakeGamerGirl

Hello! We bought a flipped house as our first home (yeah we're geniuses) and the tub started peeling pretty quick. We bought a replacement tub that would fit in the space but didn't account for this new tub having an overflow opening when the old one didn't. We also didn't anticipate the trap...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks