Search results

1. DaneW

Side mounted anode rod or none at all?

It’s an A.O. Smith water heater. I was unaware there was an option for hot side exit anode. pics for clarification I can’t find any place local that lists a combo rod output on their website.
  2. DaneW

Side mounted anode rod or none at all?

Welcome to crazy town. Before I start tearing everything apart in an attempt to change the anode rod that may or may not be present how should I proceed? I see from reading the manual that the original owner purchased and installed the optional top T&P valve. So now where does the anode go? It...
  3. DaneW

New pump and starter. Can I get rid of old contactor?

The pump man just asked what was down the hole and I read him the numbers on the old pump starter box. He did end up pulling the motor off one pump he had and putting it on another motor body on the truck. I wish I knew more at the get go. Could have saved on the $2,000 pump/motor it sounds...
  4. DaneW

The fake rock was my solution to the need to cover things and I didn’t want to build a big conventional shed like we had before. The old 4x5.5’ “outhouse” was built in 1970 and the plumbing had leaked for more years than I’ve been alive. It was so rotten and ridiculously difficult to work...
  5. DaneW

Valveman I wish I found this place before I had done all this. From what I’ve learned about The CSV I wouldn’t have had to get such a big enclosure because I could have use a much smaller tank. Once I get a few bucks saved up, the new pump and all associated with it was about $5k, I’m going to...
  6. DaneW

I think I did pretty well for a first timer. I may have not been clear. I was always using the motor Control box but wanting to get rid of the contactor. I don’t think I mentioned or included it in any photos. Put in a new sub-panel inside the enclosure with an outlet for heat tape. New...
  7. DaneW

Thank you Valveman. It’s a 1.5hp pump. Getting rid of that contactor will really clean and simplify things.
  8. DaneW

No actually there is a breaker right at the pressure switch right now, and you are right that is very handy for diagnosing issues. My setup right now is breaker at the power pole. Sub panel with breaker at well house. Motor contactor and pressure switch tied to switching on the pump starter then...
  9. DaneW

Had a costly well pump replacement this week and I’m trying to bring the rest of the system kicking and screaming into the 21st Century. The pump installer did the minimum to get water flowing and based on the bill that’s good enough. Along with the new pump and starter I replumbed all the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks