Search results

1. PlumbumZepplin

Replacing Kohler K-5942-5 kitchen sink with stainless steel

Maybe try polishing your sink. It's vitreous enamel over cast iron, I think, and if so, you'd polish the finish up like glass. I'd guess a mechanical polisher would be best, but find the right blend of abrasive polish and maybe give it a whirl (literally)...
  2. PlumbumZepplin

3" PVC joint not fully inserted

Calling a conventional PVC-to-PVC solvent bond a "solvent weld" isn't quite accurate. Solvent diffusion inside a polymer is complex (this is my area of academic expertise). The joint, for reasons of geometry but primarily of the material itself, isn't what you'd expect by saying it's...
  3. PlumbumZepplin

3" PVC joint not fully inserted

Don't grind or pay for an expensive tool. Heat and peel. Cut if off flush with the hub (or nearly so) and heat with a heat gun or torch from the inside of the spigot fitting. Work in a screwdriver between the hub and spigot, and then a set of needle nose pliers. Keep heating further and...
  4. PlumbumZepplin

Cast iron sewer trap + pipe encased in concrete.

Wouldn't they have to be vented like any other trap to actually be effective? Are they vented that way where they are required?
  5. PlumbumZepplin

Toilet Flange Install (without much exposed pipe)

Terry's a real plumber, and I'm definitely not, but I had this situation and wasn't happy about not having enough depth there and that forcing me to use an inside flange in a 3" pipe. So I got elaborate. I unglued the section of pipe from the 90 degree fitting socket in the floor. This takes...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks