Search results

1. bronzefury

Kerdi shower leak test .. tiny bubble forming, where could it be from?

Hi, Thanks for the tip about the grout sealant. I will look into it. The bubble gets to about a little larger than 1/8" before the bubble finally rises. Here is the link on Youtube
  2. bronzefury

Kerdi shower leak test .. tiny bubble forming, where could it be from?

Hi, I'm currently doing a 24 hour leak test on my recently installed kerdi shower. I noticed that there is a small bubble forming that appears to be going through a kerdi band patch. A little more background - while I was attaching the kerdi membrane to the mud bed, I might've created a...
  3. bronzefury

Asking for opinions on straightening shower drain pipe

Reach4, I tried an experiment bending ABS with a heat gun. Couldn't get it hot enough and its really awkward to bend a 2' pipe. Probably don't have all the right tools or strength.
  4. bronzefury

Wayne, I bought both the P3000-22 and P1056-22 just to experiment with. Yes, the P1056-22 is longer (3 7/16") than the P3000-22 (2 1/8"). Also, the walls of the P1056-22 appears to be thicker (3/16") than the P3000-22 (just over 1/16", probably closer to 3/32"). I'm thinking that the drain...
  5. bronzefury

This next post shows what the problem looks like using a torpedo level as a comparison and the solution. The photo below show a coupler with a torpedo level on top to show how I measure how much off the vertical riser is. The coupling is below the level because the riser isn't cut perfectly...
  6. bronzefury

I see that the Fernco 3000-22 is for above ground applications only. Fernco Proflex 2 in. Neoprene Shielded Coupling-P3000-22 - The Home Depot There is a Fernco P1056-22 that can be used for underground applications. I think I'll go with the P1056-22. Fernco 2 in. x 2 in. DWV Flexible PVC...
  7. bronzefury

Hi Jeff, By "drain pipe draining channel" I meant to say that the drain pipe's grade is 1/2" per foot (or said another way, is at a 2.8 degree slope). Please see my hand drawn pipe below on the left side of the drawing. Hi Wayne, So, even if I have two axis of rotation, the drain pipe axis...
  8. bronzefury

I think there is another issue here that I didn't think about until now. The drain pipe's draining channel is 1/2" per foot. I guess the house has shifted over time? So, even if I cut the pipe at cut_a or cut_b, add ABS pipe to extend or shorten the drain line, then connect a new P Trap, the...
  9. bronzefury

Thanks Wayne. There is a bit of glue around the coupling hub at Cut A. I was worried that if I angle the pipe a bit to move it to plumb and fill with gravel, it would unnecessarily strain the pipe - and over time, a potential crack or leak could happen. I think using a coupling is a good idea...
  10. bronzefury

Hi, I'm planning on building a shower pan using a mud bed, Kerdi drain, and Kerdi membrane. There is a box shaped hole around the shower drain that I plan to fill with gravel followed by filling with Quickrete 5000. I was dry fitting an ABS Kerdi Drain on the shower drain riser and noticed...
  11. bronzefury

How do I connect to these crooked shower supply lines?

Thanks to all who replied. Just wanted to post what I ended up doing. I bought a different valve and it follows California guidelines. I installed it (first time soldering) and no leaks! I practiced soldering a few times to get the hang of it. Ended up using bernzomatic 14.1 oz propane...
  12. bronzefury

Thanks Tuttles. That would mean a whole lot of other work that I didn't anticipate and would have to learn to do. I think the easiest thing would be to get a different valve - one that complies with California code and fits the color scheme and style we had intended.
  13. bronzefury

Gee,.. I think I'm SOL on this one. I might have to buy a different one and take the loss. I can't return the 3 handle valve since its past the 30-day return policy. I wish they had posted a warning on the online website (wayfair.com). It looks really nice though, but whatever...
  14. bronzefury

Thanks for sending this. Only problem is that it needs to be installed in an accessible location. I don't have that.
  15. bronzefury

No it doesn't comply but I'm praying that my 3 handle valve can't be categorized as a Shower and Tub-Shower Combination, (with a mixing valve). but instead as 417.5 and maybe its exempt?!? Checking our local codes at the moment.
  16. bronzefury

Hi Jeff, Let me check with our local building code. In the meantime, if you do have any info already, I was wondering if you would be able to point me to the California Plumbing code 2019 where it says that 3 handle valve is not allowed? I see some requirements for combination valves but...
  17. bronzefury

Thanks for the tips, Tuttles. Good point, I'll make sure to put something around the pipes to provide some support. The old and new faucets are the same width and I did consider the possibility that I can thread the new unions unto the old. The old is not perfectly level - it is about...
  18. bronzefury

Reach4, Well, that makes sense now. I had always thought that pipes had to be installed perfectly vertical or perfectly horizontal and the builder had made a mistake. Thanks!
  19. bronzefury

Hi, I'm trying to redo my shower and replace a three-handled diverter tub and shower faucet. Since there is no tub, I'm only going to use the hot and cold water handles. The diverter handle will not be installed and I plan to set the diverter to point at using the shower all the time and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks