Search results

1. Laostrich

Water line looks to be crooked, is this acceptable?

Hi, Rough shower valve is done and water line is visibly not plumb, how big of deal is this?
  2. Laostrich

Do I need a clean out on Bath 3?

Thankfully the plumber who is working on now have installed the clean out. And yes, there is a clean out for the laundry unit. Thank you for confirm this though!
  3. Laostrich

See you later, not goodbye!

My condolences to his family, as a new homeowner who has a 0 knowledge on plumbing, the site has been indispensable resources. Thank you Terry for creating this beautiful site and share your knowledge all these years. Rest In Peace.
  4. Laostrich

Do I need a clean out on Bath 3?

Hi all! Finally found a right plumber to do my third and last bathroom. Do I need a clean out? I have a crawl space that is 3ft high and there is a removable vent cover right by. The house is about 50ft long and so far there are three total including one main at 2-3ft away from the house...
  5. Laostrich

Does dog ear elbow need to come out 90 degree

Hi, Almost ready for Wedi board for my tub surround and the hand held shower temporary pipe looks noticeably off angle than 90 degree. Is that a problem other than i need to make a bigger hole to fit this in an angle?
  6. Laostrich

Water supply line location for the Kohler Tresham K3981

Thanks Terry, Currently the center of waste pipe is sitting 15 1/2" ( i know.. due to the joist, this was only option) I'm planning on using Kohler's version of TOTO unifit in 14". plumber roughed the water line for the toilet at 6 1/2" away from the center of waste pipe and I asked him to put...
  7. Laostrich

Water supply line location for the Kohler Tresham K3981

Does anybody know if the water line location specified for the Kohler Tresham K3981 has a little bit of wiggle room? The spec calls out for 6 1/2" away from the center of flange and 6" up from finished floor and mine is 6 1/2" away but 10" up. This is my first time installing one piece toilet...
  8. Laostrich

Joist right below sill prevent to make a hole for the drain pipe

I have another question on tub drain. Kohler K-23856 spec stated that horizontal part can be minimum 9 1/2” to 14 13/16”. The tub has about 22 degree angle. Is this mean that vertical part of the drain can be slanted to push more close to the tub angle to have shorter horizontal drain length...
  9. Laostrich

doing brief math again and I don't think i can put the toilet on the west wall unless i build a bump out, about 3". since the toilet is the only fixture coming out form the wall unlike 6ft vanity occupying whole wall, I might incline to do that IF this new configuration will make the job...
  10. Laostrich

Wayne, often times when I'm getting advices from something I don't know much of , I write my own way to make senses. Please see Italic next your comments with bold font. QUOTE="wwhitney, post: 674195, member: 88515"]FWIW, the K-850 spec sheet lists K-1179 as an adhesive vinyl tiling bead to...
  11. Laostrich

Thanks so much Wayne, I need to print this and read few times over and over with specs right next to me. I haven't really comprehended all the things you said but wanted to say thanks! I'll come back with questions later this evening. umm I'm at work. getting excited about the project...
  12. Laostrich

Taking credit for someone else's idea happens ALL the time no matter what industry you are in, glad that you got to let it out here :) "We used the K-7147-AF-CP but just now looking at the drain you linked, I'd have used that one instead as it uses an external cable drive rather than that...
  13. Laostrich

Hi, thanks for sharing your concern. The tub will be installed as an alcove, I know it is frowned upon practice. I'm considering fabricating copper angle. something similar to below link. . It will be used by me and only me, no kids and if this tub will/can be located where proposed area...
  14. Laostrich

Thanks for stopping by. I worked really hard to add these joists to stiffen the floor ( although with lack of planning and knowledge and the plan changes that gone through several time,) I really would prefer not cutting any joist because they are added on joists are short length, 8ft, and...
  15. Laostrich

Hi Wayne, Probably not very wise move from me but I've got subfloor in and I've also purchased the tub. It's a 5ft tea for two by Kohler. It is a reversible and has an option to install it as above floor drain. I felt like it could be a safe bet, What I'm about to post might change thing...
  16. Laostrich

Thank you Wayne, I’ll call Kohler to find out what that 15” for.
  17. Laostrich

I have one more question before come up with layout. For this tub spec, will diameter clearance for the drain need from 11 7/8” or 15”? Thank you
  18. Laostrich

Yes! I’m toying with lay out with my mentor whom I met from the other forum who’s been helping me regarding strengthening the framing structures. I changed so many times on lay out, all the extra work that you see on the pics, because of me changing things. Plus I can be overboard on...
  19. Laostrich

Hi! most of your assumption is correct except that the joist right below the sill is 2x6. You are right on the toilet flange clearance, I didnt realize that there is diameter factor:) I’ve finally got the idea what you originally requested asked for AFTER looking at yours, I’m so...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks