Search results

1. Wolf911

Separating gravel and media

I was having some trouble with my pryrolox filter not getting all the iron out after my chlorine injection stopped and I didn't catch it for a day so I decided to just spin the valve off and look into the tank. As I was lifting the valve off the rise tube came up along with it and wouldn't go...
  2. Wolf911

Understanding bed expansion

I'm bringing a 8 x44 pyrolox iron filter online for the first time. I did a manual regeneration the first time while watching the bed with a flashlight . The bed expanded only a half inch. I left the drain flow button that came with it installed its a 7.5 gpm. Water temp is 50 degrees. I...
  3. Wolf911

Is this proper toilet flange height?

Would this be the right way to install a toilet flange . I put the piece of plywood under it to raise it to the height of the vinyl flooring. I would cut the flooring around the flange so the flooring wouldn't be pinned under the flange. I haven't glued it yet so want to make sure it was right...
  4. Wolf911

Chlorine meter

I was looking for any recommendations on chlorine meters for monitoring chlorine levels for my chlorine injection system. Something that has better accuracy than the color strips. Would like to measure free and total chlorine. Does anyone have a chlorine meter their satisfied with and would...
  5. Wolf911

Minimum pressure for backwashing filters

Everything I've read about backwashing filters always lists the backwash rate as gpm required for that filter no mention of pressure. My question is what pressures do these backwash flowrates have to be delivered at? Is there a minimum pressure required for a manganese ox or carbon backwashing...
  6. Wolf911

Will 50/70 PS give me 7psi over 40/60

I'm in the process of installing a iron and carbon backwashing filter and a whole house ro setup. I'm trying to figure out what is the best way to raise my cutin pressure from the well pump so that I always have at least 40psi at the inlet to the ro machine in the house. The well and pump is...
  7. Wolf911

Backwashing filters in series

If you have two backwashing filters in series can the second filter inline backwash thru the filter ahead of it? I'm plumbing an iron filter and then a GAC filter. The iron filter only has a SFR of 1.7gpm but the GAC filter requires 4.5 gpm backwash. Can the sfr of the iron filter be...
  8. Wolf911

Chlorine injection placement

I read that the chlorine or peroxide injection system should be before a backwashing iron filter but haven't found any info on how close to the iron filter it should be. My question is does it matter how far from the iron filter(pyrolox) the chlorine injection takes place? Does it matter if the...
  9. Wolf911

Softener,antiscalant,or nothing:RO Pretreatment

I'm in the process of setting up a whole house RO system and was looking for some advise on treating the hardness prior to going into the ro unit. I currently have the storage tank and repressure system set up and working. I'm in the final stages of hooking up the iron and carbon backwash...
  10. Wolf911

Backwash rate 8x44 pyrolox filter

First I'd like to say this is an amazing site. Wish I had known about it sooner. I would like to know what the real backwash rate would be for an 8x44 pyrolox filter. The filter was sold to me as having a 7.5 gal/minute backwash rate. After reading here that pyrolox needs high backwash...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks