Search results

1. Theant

Super low sink pressure when washer or toilets run

The HT-20 / HT20B is my pressure tank. The neutralizer is a Calcite Acid Neutralizer 7500-M from CleanWaterStore. It is backwashing and it's working properly. I just refilled the media a couple months ago.
  2. Theant

OK, I put a gauge at the laundry sink. Before flushing the toilet, the gauge showed 60 psi, and the gauge by the pressure tank also showed 60 psi. Then I flushed a toilet, and while the toilet was running, the sink gauge showed 40 psi, while the pressure tank gauge showed 55 psi. Next I tried...
  3. Theant

No galvanized pipes. It's all copper except what I've replaced with pex. And yes, both volume & pressure are low in the sinks when a toilet is flushed. Softener is currently out of service. We do have 2 whole-house filters, and I just changed them, which only resulted in a small improvement...
  4. Theant

Thanks for your reply. Yes, the pump is in the well. The pressure gauge drops from ~75 down to ~50, then the pump kicks on, as usual. The sink flow is roughly the same the whole time. There's a tiny filter in the end of the kitchen sink supply line, and one in the head of the faucet. I...
  5. Theant

Background: house built in 1986, well water, pressure tank. I do all the plumbing, but we only bought the house a couple years ago, so problems may or may not be my fault :) Water pressure in our sinks is normally really good. It's great in the showers. But when the washing machine is...
  6. Theant

Softener valve to PEX connection?

I can put PEX into a Sharkbite fitting. Can I do that with John Guest?
  7. Theant

I do like the 90-degree aspect, but I don't want John Guest on the other end.
  8. Theant

That's perfect, thank you!
  9. Theant

Very low hot water pressure/volume; flushing coils didn't help

Well this turned out to be a gunked-up filter, combined with user error. When I had my thermostatic mixer valve bypassed, the pressure in my utility sink was still low -- but I had forgotten that I'd turned down a valve just before that sink, because it shares its pipes with the washer, and...
  10. Theant

My water softener valve has these big black threaded connectors with o-rings on the inside. I'm not sure what they are called. There's a small piece that goes from that to 3/4" PVC. Can anyone link me to a similar part that goes from the threaded/o-ring side straight to PEX? Thanks, Anthony
  11. Theant

Meaning use the submersible pump in a bucket of vinegar like I've been doing, except expand the loop to include a sink? That seems worth trying. We do have a softener. It seems to run normally, it backwashes, etc, but the water is never very soft. I think I've read that they don't work very...
  12. Theant

Well 2.5 hours later, the dirty vinegar pH was 2.6. I stopped it at that point, and upon dumping it from the orange bucket into the white utility sink, I saw it wasn't actually brown, but gray, with a blue-green tint. So presumably I'm getting down to some copper now, which seems like...
  13. Theant

OK, I'm running another flush now. Still using plain 5% white vinegar because my high-strength 45% stuff won't arrive until tomorrow. But 1 hour into this flush, the vinegar is definitely less dark brown than it was a few days ago -- it's more a translucent brown now. The vinegar's pH was...
  14. Theant

Thanks for the quick reply, @Reach4. I should have specified -- yes, it's an internal coil in the boiler; I don't have an indirect. So run the flush for longer than 2.5 hours, really? How long does this typically take? I'll certainly be happy if the problem can be fixed with just more time...
  15. Theant

Hello, Last year we bought a house with an oil boiler, which provides heat via baseboards, and also provides domestic hot water. I do most of my own plumbing work, but I've never worked with a boiler before. The hot water pressure wasn't great initially, but lately it's gotten really bad...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks