Search results

1. Interior Designer

Cracked Concrete Mortar Shower Pan Pour

Thank you! Because of all of your responses, I made the decision to rip-out and re-do. I removed everything (the poured pan, the liner, the pre-slope, and the steel metal sheet). It was easy. Took about an hour. Everything came out clean. Even the linear drain and weep hole collar are...
  2. Interior Designer

Another interesting video that explains why shower rip outs typically show mold at the bottom of the wall and curb.
  3. Interior Designer

Hello Sound Advice, GSMITH22: Wow! Thank you so much. Your reply holds some weight, if you are a structural engineer. If a structural engineer looks at it, to determine the fix of the hole, who does the work of filling it? Who do I hire? A GC who specializes in concrete? Yes, that is what...
  4. Interior Designer

Thanks for all of everyone's thoughts. The hole in the floor was put there when the building was built. (The original 5' tub drain came through this hole in the concrete floor. All apartments are built this way. The bathroom pipes run through the ceiling of the neighbor beneath.) However...
  5. Interior Designer

Dear Wayne, Thank you for your reply. All of the responses confirmed our own thinking. Rip out and build a rigid and secure sub-floor for peace of mind. I will check out the other forum. Thank you for this information.
  6. Interior Designer

Thank you for your responses. Seems like common sense to me to build a rigid, secure subfloor for the shower pan. However, the job is permitted and has passed inspection! The plumber and the tile guy (both licensed and experienced) are saying the hole in the concrete floor and the...
  7. Interior Designer

Hello Friends with Good Advice, I am in the middle of a tub to shower renovation. 1. Plumber dug (10" x 18" ) concrete hole to access drain. (Plumber said NO COVER was needed over the hole. Said vinyl liner with concrete would be solid.) 2. I covered the open hole with a (24" x 48") piece...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks