Search results

1. NC remodels

Supply lines for 2.5 bath & laundry

Jeff, Would you suggest running 1" after the 3/4" copper underground or are you saying run all 3/4" in the house?
  2. NC remodels

Supply lines for 2.5 bath & laundry

Hey all, wanted to throw out some quick diagrams on the supply design for this remodel. I have a downstairs powder room & m. bath and upstairs laundry and bath. I have 3/4" from the meter and will be running 3/4" as the main supply lines to the hot water heater and to the separate bathroom...
  3. NC remodels

2nd Floor Bath & Laundry

Hey all, On to the 2nd floor plumbing. Attached is the plan and isometric. The laundry and bath share the plumbing wall. Please let me know what you think. Also a few questions.. -I may not do the floor drain for the washer and just add a washer tray with a 1" drain line to the exterior (no...
  4. NC remodels

Bathroom & Powder Rm Plumbing

Thanks for all the tips everyone! Off to grab some pipe!
  5. NC remodels

Thank you James. That does clear up the venting understanding. Appreciate the tip!
  6. NC remodels

Jeff, we are IPC so the wet vent for both bathrooms is allowed. I will consider putting WC 5 between Lav 3 and the stack but it's really tight there and makes the toilet drain even longer before the new wet vent.
  7. NC remodels

Thanks Jeff. I think I want to keep the dry went at the WC due to the length of the drain before it hits the horizontal. Its about 7' of developed length and just feel better about it, especially since another WC is just above it.
  8. NC remodels

Wayne, thank you. I will ensure all the drains will either be combos or a wye and 45. I did not know how to draw that.
  9. NC remodels

Hey all, I'm moving on the the downstairs Master Bath and Powder Room. Attached is a drawing in both plan and isometric. The bathroom lav and WC will have separate dry vents. The powder rm WC and lav and the M Bath shower will share a wet vent. All drains will have Y and/or combos and the...
  10. NC remodels

Coupling for 4" PVC

Terry, will this be ok or would you suggest using the PVC coupling? This was easier to do by myself with the 13' long 4". I also did it before I saw this post. I also have this same coupling attaching the PL to the 4" CI at my foundation wall, just before it goes to the street.
  11. NC remodels

Coupling for 4" PVC

Hey all, I had to do a repair to my main 4" under the basement slab that connects to the cast iron and goes to the street. What coupling would you recommend to connect two pieces of 4" schedule 40 PVC together? Will the typical coupling with the 2 hubs be fine? what about an inside connector...
  12. NC remodels

Vent size for kitchen sink

Thank you all for the guidance. Plumbing today with the 1-1/4"
  13. NC remodels

That's what I'm thinking. I thought the min would be the best although concerned about performance of the drain with a 1-1/4" vent. Perhaps a 20 DFU AAV is a better solution???
  14. NC remodels

There are actually notches in the studs from the existing galvanized which are not allowed so I have doubled up the studs and plan to use 4" stud shoes for structural suppor (passing through more than 2 studs). The new 1-3/4" hole for a 1-1/4" vent or new 2-1/8" hole for the 1-1/2" vent will...
  15. NC remodels

Jeff, it's 1/2 the diameter of the drain with a min of 1-1/4" is how the code reads.
  16. NC remodels

Thanks Wayne. It's actually 25' of developed length. Would you do 1-1/2" or stick with 1-1/4"?
  17. NC remodels

Greetings, This is probably very simple but just want to confirm if I can use an 1-1/4" dry vent for a kitchen sink that will have a dishwasher and disposal. The trap is 1-1/2" and the drain is 2". The vent will go through the roof and is about a 20' run. There was an existing 1-1/4"...
  18. NC remodels

Basement Floor Drain

James, I just saw your drawings. Thank you! This is similar to my updated picture but I think I like your idea better. It gets the plumbing away from the exterior basement footer.
  19. NC remodels

Basement Floor Drain

Jeff, the manhole is not above the kitchen sink. I just want to prevent any back up through the basement floor drain. The CI between the basement and the street may be a bit corroded so just want to be safe, mainly from my own sewage. Is this logical? Here is the revised piping and venting...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks