Search results

1. Hightechburrito

Rotted Tub Overflow Gasket

In my ongoing bathroom renovation, I went to replace by tub overflow cover with a new finish, and found that the gasket between the tub and overflow drain mostly gone. There were only a few pieces of pretty crumbly gasket left, but most of it was totally gone. Is this a pretty simple fix...
  2. Hightechburrito

Most likely source or water around toilet

Remodeling a bathroom and found my subfloor lookin like the attached picture. I had linoleum flooring with 3/8” particle board underpayment on top of the subfloor. The particle board was pretty crumbly above the stain around the toilet flange. There doesn’t seem to be any major damage to the...
  3. Hightechburrito

Resetting toilet, new tank bolts?

I’m refreshing my second bathroom, but going to reuse the toilet since it’s not that old (about 6 years). Should I replace the tank bolts, or use the ones already installed? I did not separate the tank from the bowl when I removed the toilet. Thanks.
  4. Hightechburrito

Plastic washer for closet bolt bending

Just installed a new Toto Drake II toilet, and noticed that since the holes in the base of the toilet are so large compared to the plastic washer for the decorative cap, that the plastic washer starts bending before the nuts feel very tight. The order I have things installed is (from toilet...
  5. Hightechburrito

Buildup in trap and drain pipe - black sludge

As part of my continuing bathroom renovation, I've moved onto replacing a sink and vanity. When I pulled the old trap assembly out of the drain stubout, it was about half blocked with black sludge. I can tell it has hair in it and seems a bit sandy/gritty. The pictures show after I pulled as...
  6. Hightechburrito

Unsupported Cast Iron Toilet Flange

I'm in the middle of renovating a bathroom of my 1960's built house, and noticed my toilet flange isn't really attached to the flooring. The only thing possibly providing any support were some nails that were driven at an angle into the subfloor and bent over the outside of the flange (can't...
  7. Hightechburrito

Rusted Toilet Flange

Started demoing out a bathroom today and found a toilet flange with some rust on it. I need to clean it up better than the picture, but can I reuse this? I'll need to add an extension to match the height of the finished floor (new floor will be ~.25" higher than before. One thing I noticed is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks