Search results

1. River Steve

Cistern pump pulsing

Well the pump failed. I had to replace the pump yesterday afternoon. Everything is working fine now.
  2. River Steve

Cistern pump pulsing

I have the pump pulled right now and I’m checking that out. There is a possibility that the pump was bumping the bottom of the cistern. I am going to raise it up a few inches. The pressure switch is set at 50/70. The air charge is exactly 48PSI. The contacts do not open if I keep hand pressure...
  3. River Steve

Cistern pump pulsing

The hammering on the pipe is so hard at times it can cause the contacts to break apart. If I put my hand on the pipe and steady it, the contacts won’t break apart. I checked the pressure in the pressure tank, it’s spot on. The pulse is like once every one or two seconds, it’s very strong.
  4. River Steve

Cistern pump pulsing

It’s pulsing faster when the pump kicks in and it slows as the pressure is almost to the kick off point. I don’t believe it’s the pressure switch, I have used two switches now and it does the same with both switches. I have switched out both the pressure switch and pressure tank, I was lucky...
  5. River Steve

Cistern pump pulsing

Three months ago we ran our well to the cistern and started using the cistern to supply our house. The cistern was cleaned, the submersible pump was pulled at that time to have it out of the way. It was put back in place with a new inline back flow preventer as the one built into the top of the...
  6. River Steve

Possible Pumptec issues

So with the Cycle Sensor I have been able to fill my cistern to the level I have set using the float switch. I have found that my well is only producing approximately .16 gpm. I thought I was closer to .5 gpm. My current settings on the cycle sensor have the pump shut off at 3.5 amps. It will...
  7. River Steve

Possible Pumptec issues

We do not have any issues with the water. The well is a 50 deep with the pump about 42 feet. The pump is a 1/2 hp 10 GPM. The well casing is 6”. We could pump for for about 150 seconds before going dry. I’m trying to figure out the cycle sensor to make a longer run time. Other then that...
  8. River Steve

Possible Pumptec issues

Valveman, I installed the cycle sensor and everything is functioning except I’m only flowing water for about 38 seconds. The pump is only pulling about 4.50 amps when it starts and at 37 seconds the amps dropped to about 2. I know we have let the well run before and it would flow for about 2.5...
  9. River Steve

Possible Pumptec issues

It is just straight piped into the cistern. The pump is a 3/4 hp pump in a 50ft drilled well. I’m going to guess it’s not dropping in amps because there is little resistance on the pump to begin with. Should I restrict the line into the cistern? I have ordered a cycle sensor already, but I would...
  10. River Steve

Possible Pumptec issues

I am making some changes to our plumbing because our well is a low yielding well. We have a 1500 gallon cistern that has been supplied by rainwater up to this point. The tank was cleaned and a line from our well ran to the cistern. There had been a pressure tank inline with a low pressure cut...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks