Search results

1. Mystery1982

Rheem 40gal not heating

The issue with the 240 was that it was an old breaker box luckily I had another breaker box that was new once I switched to that and replaced the thermostats I had full power all the way through. I essentially replaced every thing except the water heater itself
  2. Mystery1982

Rheem 40gal not heating

After an entire day spent tracking down the problem I took your advice and replaced both thermostats and it worked when all else fails replace it all it was still cheaper than buying a new water heater thank you for the advice and help from everyone.
  3. Mystery1982

Rheem 40gal not heating

I'll check that out tomorrow I have another breaker box I can try thank you for the advice I'll post an update.
  4. Mystery1982

Rheem 40gal not heating

It's a brand new wire and double 30a breaker is it possible to be the breaker box?
  5. Mystery1982

Rheem 40gal not heating

I've checked the thermostat breaker it's not tripped I have 120v on each side of the top terminals on the thermostat but when I try to test them together I don't show 240 like it should but the current is there for each side.
  6. Mystery1982

Rheem 40gal not heating

I have a Rheem 40 gallon water heater it's got power from the breaker box all the way through the top thermostat the elements and the bottom thermostat I just replaced both elements but for some reason the water is not getting hot both top and bottom elements are 4500w/240v I also replaced the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks