Search results

1. MattinLa

Ikea Sink plumbing install woes

If I cut the horizontal it'll line up in front of the water shut-off valve, which wouldn't be ideal, but also doing so pushes the piping out to far and obstructs the drawer from closing fully. I'm kicking myself for not having just installed two drain pipe connections in the wall, live and learn!
  2. MattinLa

Ikea Sink plumbing install woes

I've read a lot of posts about installing these sinks. I'm wondering if the drain pipe, prior to going into the p-trap, needs to go straight down, or would it be ok to jog it over a little with a couple 45's (see picture). Picture 1 shows how the down pipe doesn't line up with the p-trap...
  3. MattinLa

Move outlet - Old BX Armor Cable w/updated wiring

Thanks originally there was cloth-wrapped wire inside, we had the house re-wired years back. Seems odd to me that they didn't pull ground wires too?!? Oh well. Maybe I can try pulling a ground through... and if it proves too much hire in a pro. Sounds kinda daunting to me though. And I'm...
  4. MattinLa

Got it thanks Wayne! Seems like a call to an electrician is in store. Putting in the new cable I can handle. Running a ground all the way back to the panel feels out of my league. Best, Matt
  5. MattinLa

I did some more investigating this morning. There is no bonding strip (home was built in the 50's, if that helps). I followed the whole line, it is all encased in 3/4" MC cable, with metal junction boxes along the way. Am I able to remove this outlet and metal box and replace it with new MC...
  6. MattinLa

Thanks all. I checked all the outlets and fixtures on this circuit and all are properly grounded, I'll check for a bonding strip this afternoon (fingers crossed). I'll also go to the attic as well to follow the path and see if there's a junction box upstream. Seems like I might be needing to...
  7. MattinLa

Advice on sink drain - Galvanized pipe

The clogged area went down the full vertical portion. I haven't looked inside the horizontal portion that was under the house yet, I need to cut into pieces and remove that today. Yes.. long sweep in the new ABS. For the tub/shower (I attached some pics). I'm not sure where the clog is, I...
  8. MattinLa

I ended up doing as Terry suggested and replaced all galvanized wet portions all the way to where is met the ABS under the house. All went smoothly. And I'm glad I did, check out how the inside of the pipe looked in the wet portion of the pipe compared to the dry portion/vent side. Nasty...
  9. MattinLa

I'd like to move this outlet 3ft over. As you can see my home still has the old BX armored boxes/cables; however, we have had the wiring throughout the house upgraded to new wire (all the cloth wrapped wires have been removed). I'd like to close off this outlet and leave the box (put a metal...
  10. MattinLa

I’m working on my bathroom remodel (replacing vanity/tiling etc). I’m looking for advice on how to best proceed with the sink drain. After disassembling the old vanity/drain I noticed the inside of the galvanized pipe looks all rusted and gunky etc. I’m curious if it’s ok to connect the new...
  11. MattinLa

Cast Iron Flange do I need to remove this?

Great thanks all! Now that I look at it, should only be 1/2" below surface.
  12. MattinLa

Ok I never considered that. It'll be about an inch lower than the finished floor once complete. When I took out the old toilet it looked like there were 2 wax seals stacked on top of each other. Is there a preferred method to make up the difference between the flange and the toilet?
  13. MattinLa

Hi all, Read a bunch, but I'm not sure I've seen an answer to this question. I'm re-tiling my bathroom and am now dealing with the old cast iron flange. I'm wondering if its ok to leave the old flange in place and install this Oatey flange (see picture) right down inside the cast iron drain...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks