Search results

1. Kevin V

Water Softener: repair or replace?

Update: The new softener is installed, I had a minor typo above, the new tank is 10x47, not 10x44 like I mentioned. I edited my previous posts to correct the information. Measured hardness was 15, a bit higher than the 12 mentioned on my city's webpage. The resin listed was "10% Crosslink...
  2. Kevin V

I emailed the water utility department for my city asking for the amount of iron in our city water. However, the only answer that I received is the water hardness is 12, nothing specific to iron. Several of the neighboring cities post this information online. They vary from 0.1 to 1.3 ppm, so...
  3. Kevin V

I have plenty of room, but didn't think I needed more capacity. With older teens, our household will drop from 4 people to 2 people over the next couple of years. The dealer suggested no more than 10 days between regeneration cycles, I realize there is mixed advice here on that topic. Once...
  4. Kevin V

I was on the fence with the repair vs. replace question. Certainly I could have saved some money repairing my current system, but I am a novice plumber at best and the risk of a water leak (and the associated water damage) in a finished basement pushed me towards a professional installation of...
  5. Kevin V

Skyjumper, Thanks for your help. I just ordered a Clack WS1 with a 10x47 tank from a local dealer. Total install cost (install, haul-away of old system, and sales tax) will be $1,375. Should get installed next week. I very much appreciate the help here.
  6. Kevin V

I re-checked the motor. It is indeed rather hot. I can only hold it for about 3-4 seconds before I have to remove my fingers. It is a 1 RPM motor (#17837). I pulled it off the gear it was attached to and plugged it in, it spun quickly and erratically and made a clicking noise, certainly spun...
  7. Kevin V

Hello. I am new to the forum here. I have a dual-tank water softener by Commers (local Minnesota company) from approximately 2005. Last week, the display on the head unit went blank and it stopped running. I'm not certain what model this is, but it looks suspiciously like some Fleck systems...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks