Search results

1. ChuckGM

"Method of Attack" advice please??

Toilet flange is 1" closer to wall (11") than desired. Already have the new toilet (not returnable) - standard 12". House is 1952 - cast iron. I can't do the "alcove" behind the tank deal because of stack and parallel vent location. The I.D. of my cast iron below the toilet is 3 1/2" -- My...
  2. ChuckGM

AAV use question

Let's say you have an old house in which a few "remodeling" jobs have been done and while fixtures "are" vented, the auxiliary vent line they are all connected to is not technically adequate to handle all the DFUs involved. e.g. several basement fixtures are hooked into a 1.5" line in the...
  3. ChuckGM

Help a desperate DIYer...?

I apologize in advance. I know we DIYer's can drive you guys nuts sometimes. But, here I am.... - Building a basement apartment. My diagram is the basics of the drain plumbing in the floor. The 4" drain to the left hooks into the main sewer line of the house about 6' left of this new toilet...
  4. ChuckGM

Help me trace a fault?

Hi - just a DIY homeowner here... 1950's house, 20 amp lighting circuit, total of 10 bulbs and one kitchen exhaust fan on the circuit (all led or florescent bulbs). If I use a regular old 15A breaker everything seems to work fine. If I use a 20A GFCI/AFCI breaker one light fixture consistently...
  5. ChuckGM

HVAC register Fire Damper question

Okay... I don't "need" a fire damper in this room, but I want one. (We're talking a private residence with a small rental space). I understand there are two types ("static" and "dynamic") which is applicable on an 80,000 btu furnace system? and - if I want to install it right at a 6 x 10 or 6...
  6. ChuckGM

LP Gas - Manifolds - WC @ each appliance...?

I had great luck with my first thread yesterday! Let's try this one... 1/2" copper enters house from LP tank. It is marked 2PSI. Presently it feeds just an oven/stove and then the furnace. I want to add an on demand H2O heater and a fireplace insert. Specs. on appliances indicate the following...
  7. ChuckGM

HELP!? Direct venting On Demand Water Heater

Hi - (new here) - I want to direct vent an LP On Demand water heater with 2" PVC. Residential - Minnesota - will NOT be inspected but I'd like it "right" and "safe." I see the diagrams and tables regarding clearances etc. but I'm confused by 1. Are the clearance requirements the same for...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks